CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Mercy was deeply hurt that Geoffrey and Ameena were not together. Actually, she never wanted any other girl for Geoffrey and she was ready to do anything to bring the love birds together once again. Geoffrey was missing Ameena quite a lot but he was sure that he had lost her for good. It would really be hard if not impossible to regain Ameena's trust.
''Brother, where have you been?'' asked Mercy.
''What's with that sis?''
''I was all alone, I missed you very much.''
''I am here now sis. As if I took more than an hour.''
''Come sit down and join me listening to music.''
''Okay, I will be right back. Let me just go in and get a jersey, it is cold out here.''
As mercy was scrolling down her playlist, she came across a phone recording. She plugged in her headsets. When Geoffrey came back, Mercy unplugged the headsets.
''What song should I play?'' she asked.
''Anything you like.''
''Brother, can I ask you for a favor?''
''Yes please.''
''Promise that you will not refuse me.''
''I promise.''
''I want Ameena to come here right now,'' demanded Mercy
''The problem is how to get her here.''
''I can handle that.''
''Well then, carry on.''
Mercy quickly sent a text message to Ameena informing her that she was not feeling well and that she was all by herself at home.
''It is done brother. Let us go in the living room and wait for Ameena to come,'' said Mercy putting the phone in her purse. Without asking questions, Geoffrey walked to the living room.
Ten minutes later, Geoffrey and Mercy heard someone loudly opening the door without knocking. It was Ameena.
''Mercy! Mercy! Where are you?'' voiced out Ameena.
''Living room,'' replied Mercy in a weak voice.
''Mercy, I thought.......''
''Ameena, I know what you want to say,'' interrupted Mercy locking the door.
''Ameena,'' greeted Geoffrey. Ameena gave no reply.
''Don't be upset Ameena. It was the only way to get you here. I have something for you.''
''As long as it has nothing to do with Geoffrey.''
''Had it not been important, I would not have done all this.''
''Alright.''
''I want you to be quiet Ameena. Geoffrey has no clue what is going on here as much as you don't. So, you will both pay attention. The thing is I love recording myself while singing and that is exactly what I did the very day there was confusion here. I want you to listen to the song I recorded that day.
'Oh, Taphen it is you.''
''Yes, Geoffrey.''
''You are welcome.''
''Thank you, how are you?''

''I am alright, how are you?''
''I can't complain.''
''It is quite surprising seeing you here.''
''It really is. Well, I came to discuss something important with you.''
''Mercy, excuse us. Taphen go on please.''
''Ameena told me that you broke up with her.''
''Yes.''
''Why? What did she do?'
''Nothing, I just saw our relationship not working out.''
''That makes no sense to me. Did you do it because you have another girl in mind?''
'Geoffrey hesitated, ''No, no.''
''Why are you stammering? Ameena is a good girl, you will not find any other girl like....''
''Ameena,'' Mercy began, ''and that is when you arrived. You misunderstood Taphen. She was only trying to save your relationship. You have heard it yourself. Take it or leave it, the choice is yours.'' Ameena without a word slowly went down on her knees and held Geoffrey's hands. ''Geoffrey, I am not worth your forgiveness. But if you can please, find it in your heart to accept my apology. I should not have doubted you.'' ''No, Ameena you were not wrong. Even I would have reacted the same way had I been in your place. I forgave you even before you asked. What is more important now is mending our relationship and allow everything to come back to normal.'' Ameena fell on Geoffrey's shoulder and wept. ''Ameena stop. Forget about everything. Wipe your tears and give me a smile.''
''These are tears of joy Geoffrey. I am very happy to have you back in my life. I don't know how I will make it up to Taphen. Will she ever forgive me?''
''Be positive. Taphen has a big heart and she will definitely forgive you.''
''You two acknowledge my presence,'' interrupted Mercy making a fake sad face.
''Sis, you really should have done this earlier.''
''Brother, believe me I only found out today when I was playing music after such a long time that the conversation was actually recorded.''
''Mercy, you deserve all the credit,'' remarked Ameena.