[4] : I'm no longer the Ivy she once knew.

"It's so hard to keep loving you...when you look at her like that. But it's not like I can just stop."

******

I love the rain.

I love everything about the rain.

How the clouds gloom over our heads, dark and grey, rumbling.

The thunder...

The storm...

The chaos as people struggle to get themselves shelter, or how they get wet, trying to dodge the droplets and hide under a book and newspaper.

It's sad really.

I hope it rains on my funeral...

Like in the movies.

My black casket being laid into the ground as the sky mourns me - since no one will probably do it anyway.

I sigh, watching as a couple of cars speed past me, rain hitting against them rapidly, just like how it falls down harshly against me. I've been told a thousand times not to walk in the rain. My aunt told me I'd catch a cold and fall sick, she said something about pneumonia too, but I can't remember the last time I fell sick after walking in the rain. I rarely get sick.

Even right now, coldly soaked from bone to bone in my black hoodie, trying to blend into the misty environment, I know I won't get sick in the end. Though I'm pretty sure I'll get another lecture from my aunt when I wall through that door.

"Ivy!" Here it goes.

"How many times have I told you not--"

I take off the dripping wet clothes, remaining in just my undergarments. "I'm fine."

"Your fine!!" She yells, gingery hair slapping her face in the process.

I walk past her as I run my fingers through my dampened hair, squeezing the water out."Yes. And I'll be in my room. Please don't disturb me."

"But dinner--"

"I'm not hungry." I say, climbing the stairs, but pause at the fourth step. "Though you should keep me some. I might get hungry at some point."

"Ivy--"

My grip on the rail tightens. "I said. Don't."
Her brown eyes soften as she watches me leave.

My room looks dark. The lights are off, the sky outside is to dull to offer any. The sad grey walls seem more gloomy, like the clouds sobbing outside. I silently walk into it, feeling the cold of the room snake up and around my skin. I shiver vigorously and strut to my bathroom, hoping to catch myself a hot bath before I pass out on the floor with sleepiness.

Slipping out of the bathtub ten minutes later, I slump on the bed, exhaustion melting away in smooth waves. Still in only a short towel.that barely covers my thighs, my eyes slowly start to drift shut, fluttering closed tediously. The day seemed so tiring even when I'd done a hundred percent of nothing. How is that possible?

The sudden deafening ear splitting ring of a phone had me jolting out of the half sleep state I was drowning into.

I grumbled under my breathe when I fell off the bed. My fingers opening the third drawer of my night stand, brows sliding together when the annoying sound continued, booming in the still quiet of my room.

I'd forgotten I had a back up phone.

I sighed, answering the unknown caller with the hope that this wasn't a prank call from students at school.

"Hello?"

"Girl! How are ya? How've you been doing? How's Mary?"

My inner demons cringed at the repugnant joy of her voice.