[19] : Answers

"Drag me to the dark side...
And show me what my body was made for..."

* ** ** **

Third person POV

He'd spent over half an hour going through her book.

And she knew exactly why. He was nervous, maybe even sacred. His eyes had only lifted twice to check on her, each time he'd find her eyes already watching him, patiently waiting. He'd immediately look away, his throat bobbing anxiously. Ivy even noticed the beads of sweat that were now lining his hairline. She said nothing of it, instead entertaining herself with watching him have a panic attack of the sort before her.

A black thread of her hair, she twirled between her fingers. Kent had rested his back against the armrest, thrown a leg over the other and placed the book on his lap. The wrist which held the silver chain she'd given him moved, ticking the work that'd been presented to him. In that position, he looked more like a casually dressed teacher, grading his student's papers. He'd rolled up the sleeves of his red jacket to his elbows, showing out the muscles protruding from his forearms. His brows would often drop, furrowing at something and highlighting the straight line of his nose. And his lips fully puckered occasionally when something satisfied him. The act of his somehow uninterested state made her anticipation itch for release.

He was wasting precious time and she knew it. Who took forty minutes to mark a ten questioned exercise?

She leaned forward and held out her palm.

"Give it."

Kent's eyes raised to hers. "Wha--"

"The book." She nodded towards the item. "Give it."

For a moment, it seemed as though he wasn't going to do that. And he did cast a glance at the door over her shoulder. But when he realized she'd be able to pin him down like the last time he attempted escape, his own shoulders slumped and he stretched his arms to hand the book to her.

Ivy didn't even care to look at it when it was placed in her hand. She just set it down on the table and leaned back into her seat calmly.

Kent shifted in his seat, feeling empty and useless without the book in his hands. He cleared his throat. "Uh..."

"I want to get straight to it."

His eyes widened. A stupid image immediately playing in his mind.

"What?!"

Ivy rolls her eyes at his red flustered face. But her voice still comes out stern and commanding.

"Take off your clothes."

She was just joking. She knew very well that he'd never done this. God knows if he's ever rubbed himself at the thought of a girl. But it was nice to freak him out a little a bit. She liked how fast his skin turned a bright shade and flushed against his cheeks.

"Lay on the table and touch yourself." She added.

Kent didn't know what she meant by touch yourself, but with that mischievous twinkle in her eye, he knew it would definitely not be something he was doing anytime soon.

"I--"

"Do what I said."

"But--I...what do you--I...with the...I can't..." He paused the unnecessary blabbering only when he heard a low amused chuckle erupt from her.

Kent realised she'd actually been joking. He's mind wasn't able to catch up on the fact that this was his first time hearing her joke because he immediately sighed in relief, laughing lightly at himself as well and running a hand through his thick brown locks.