[25] : I-Is it...good enough?

"Better to trust a devil you know...
Than an angel you don't..."

* ** ** ***

Third person's POV

Kent Carter moved as fast as he could, highly aware of the fact that Ivy Bathory would be walking into the library door at any minute.

And because of that, he found himself rushing to fix the mess his friend had caused during his escapade. The books had scattered all over the flow, heavy and thick, his exhausted muscles couldn't really take much of it after his earlier work, but he managed well and finished everything up before she could show up.

Time was even enough on his side because he pulled off setting the table he had forgotten to organize. He placed the chairs opposite each other and placed his bag down next to his feet, clearing his throat and shaking his shoulders to get himself together. It didn't work though, he still had himself swimming in a nervously excited emotion he couldn't describe.

Is he stupid?

Perhaps. He did just see Ivy outside kissing another male, who for God sake didn't look anything like a high school boy. Caution once again pulled at his mind for attention, warning him that incase this man was really her boyfriend, then he had to break whatever was happening immediately. It was no guess that this guy was ten times better than him in very way and he could entirely do as he pleased if he found out that Kent was playing with his girlfriend. That wasn't a level Kent wanted to reach. There was no way he would be able to go against a hunk like him.

He'd thought of asking Ivy about it. He'd already got himself into a sticky situation, it would be really devastating if this came with more terrifying side effects. Involving himself with Ivy was deathly, but if there would be more consequences like the man in the leather jacket, then Kent realized, this wouldn't be as easy as he thought it would really be.

He wanted to do this and figure out every hidden secret about Abby, but he was going be careful and he was going to make sure he didn't get stuck into something he hadn't signed up for. That, he was sure of.

"Lovely evening, isn't it."

Kent tries to keep his head down as he searches through the work he'd splayed over the table, he doesn't think to look up even when from the corner of his eyes he sees a shadow take a seat in front of him.

Dark clouds slightly begin to evade the light.

"Yeah. I guess." He clears his voice as he slides a paper towards her.

Ivy pushed a strand of her hair behind her ears, staring down at the work presented to her, a sigh escaped her lips as she picked one of the pens the boy had arranged for himself, getting it for herself. Her eyes travel up to him, just as he raises his head to look at her and causing their eyes to awkwardly screech into the other.

The green in Kent's eyes twinkle oddly. Ivy frowns.

"You don't seem alright." It came out more like an indirect question so she monotonously added. "Something wrong?"

"No." He shakes, looking away shyly as unplanned memories of their last encounter begin to replay in his mind. "No. I-I'm good."

"Okay." Ivy clicked her pen. "Let's get started with this." She squinted at the paper before her.

Kent was not sure how other boys acted around their first kiss. Especially when they'd be with that very person for nearly two hours without anyone else in the room. In fact, he now regretted not staying around to listen to the other guys blab on about that moment in their lives. This level was one Kent was hoping he'd only confront in college, when he would finally start trying to get himself a girlfriend. He hadn't put much thought into this happening now.