[16] : Yes, please.

"Darling, look up at the inky starless sky...
And see how dark I can become..."

* ** ** **

Ivy's POV

I didn't know where I was going.

Immediately Kent stepped outside my house with his backpack clutched to shoulder, I'd locked the door, turned and began walking to an unknown destination. The place was quiet, and the sound of my heels clicked against gravel loudly.

Kent followed me four steps behind, head bent down in thought and his movement slow and sort of childish, but he managed to keep up considering how long his legs were.

I wasn't sure if he was afraid to walk beside me after noticing me threaten someone at the house like I had to him. Or perhaps he didn't want anyone seeing him with the famous Ivy Bathory? My luck betted on the reason that he was still tense because of the heated moment we'd had on the couch earlier. Either way, he managed to remain at an arm's distance from me, lingering just close enough to have me know his there.

I shut my eyes. My nerves were twisting, coiling and twirling into a huge ball of energy and heavy adrenaline that needed release. I wanted to punch something, smash someone or trash up a place. But most importantly ;

I wanted to hurt someone.

Preferably Laura Bathory.

I wasn't sure how long or how fast I walked. Though I would be sure it was for more than thirty minutes. At some point I would have started jogging, climbing trees and ripping over the anyone's trash cans to burn off the extra vitality. But before I could break off into a track race, Kent's voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Ivy?" He called softly from under his breathe. "It's okay. I can get home alone, you don't have to worry about me."

I wasn't worried about him. I was worried about me.

I paused and turned to look at him. With his head down, he didn't realize I'd stopped walking until he almost bumped into my chest. He luckily stopped a few inches distance from me and his head lifted up meekly to my gaze. The streetlights reflected against the grassy flecks of his eyes, this close, I noticed the water beginning to brim and how they beautifully highlighted the way the green of his eyes resembled a tropical grassland of the sort.

I frowned. "Why are you crying?"

He drew his gaze away from me and stepped back, taking the only thing that had managed to distract me from my uneasiness. I step back into the cocoon of lavender scent that enveloped me with a serene comfort. I must have been too close because he tenses and averts his gaze again, wiping the unshed tears in the process.

I watch the wind ruffle his fluffy brown hair as I wait for a response. "Why are you crying?"

I'd seen plenty of grown men cry because of physically inflicted pain but I'd rarely come across those who wailed over their emotions in front of a stranger. It was uncommon for me.

My eyes run through his body when he doesn't respond. "Are you hurt?"

It could be possible he tripped and hurt his toe.

He shakes his head. No.

"Are you having stomach pains?" Aunt Mary had once told me about how some people get cramps when its their time of the month and---wait that's for girls. Do boys have their own male version of menstrual cramps?

"Is it a headache?" I ask again. For heavens sake I was starting to feel like a baby sitter.

Kent sniffled and once again shook his head. "Nothing is wrong, Ivy. I was just remembering some past memories."