[46] : Bambino.

"Too much is wilting away...
Please hold on a little longer..."

* ** ** ** **

Kent's POV

Night had fallen.

An inky black coat studded with no stars. Its late dusk cold slipped in the car I sat in, light and breathy, yet still able to make my bones clatter as a chill shot through them. I involuntarily shivered , my sensitive skin picking up on the gentle caress of an coming storm. Thunder brewed from over the skyline, hooded shadow like figures hovering around with a threatening gloom, eyes flashing lightening. My fear of storms rattled against me for an instant, before i remembered I was that frightened little boy anymore. Instead, i sunk back into the chair and swung my gaze over to the man the drove the car beside me. His hands flipping through a magazine rather than working the wheel.

"Um...King?"

He lifts a brow, not taking his eyes off the book. "Gorgeous."

I clear my throat. "Maybe you should use your hands. Like, place them on the wheel and stare ahead at where the car is actually heading."

He smiles, tentatively doing as i said and placing his left hand on the black leather bound wheel. "Like this?"

He wasn't looking forward but i guess he was catching on. "Yes. But use both--"

My heart stuttered in mortification and soul drenching horror as the car took a sharp swerve right, teetering to the ends of the road and veering back before promptly returning and jerking away when danger brushed the cars hood. I shrieked and pulled away, yelling.

"King! Oh My! Fuck! King!"

The man let out a hearty chuckle as he slowed down and returned to the sane way of driving. His ocean eyes gleamed with amusement and he casually leaned on his window, regarding my rollercoaster face.

"Gave you quite the scare, huh?"

"Yes!" I squeaked, trying my best to tie down the quaking nerves in my body.

He whistled in response.

"Don't do that again. Please." I beg.

His fingers twitch.

"Don't!" I jump in.

He waves at me. "I won't. Don't worry, gorgeous."

I had the nagging feeling, he would when I finally settled. I sighed, too exhausted to keep talking. I had been, for the past seven hours since Ivy left me with this huge bulk. King was quite...time consuming. Not in the way that made it seem like he was openly begging for attention and desperately trying to keep you focused on him. But in a way that ordered you to keep up. He brought up conversation none stop, blabbering up words and speaking out. I only zoned out once. Just once. And when he'd snapped back to me asking about what he'd been saying, I'd just stupidly looked and blinked around like a deer caught in headlights.

My punishment for that, was to spend the next hours shopping around with him bare chested and doing my best to finish an enormous bag of hot chilli chips.

My tongue turned a lethal bright pink and I'm aware that i might have started sweating at some point, but two hours into it and i got used to the searing taste. Blindly following King around and bearing with his consist banter. The conversation only became a conversation when he finally relaxed on the floor and actually let me participate, plenty of snacks stacked all over us as we went into a ridiculous debate about something he couldn't quite get on terms with.

A bottle of vodka in one hand and a pack of cookies in the other, he confronted me about fornication.

The day had been eventful on my side. And I'd admit that King wasn't the worst person to be around once you got over the fact that he was an intimidating giant with oceanic eyes that could cut diamonds with its deeply buried cruelty and the ink on his skin is nothing more than art to displease the morals of society.