[21] : Jeremy Todd

"Listen whispers...
Here lies the secret...
That mends my heart..."

* ** ** **

Ivy's POV

When I arrived at school on Monday, I was partially welcomed with the usual critical feedback of scowls and frowns plus the shocked whispers of how I'd arrived to school at eight o'clock sharp.

Everyone strayed out of distance from me, making sure that there was a five feet space between us instead of the usual three feet. Was it because I was stomping madly down the hall, head dangerously head low as I glared at anyone I caught staring? Was it because there were visible wisps of smoke hanging around my body and following my every move like my illusionary mind kept seeing?

Or was it how my fists clenched into tight balls, restraining from pouncing unto the first person I felt like tearing to pieces?

Nah. I think it's because of the maddened glaze I'd seen my eyes hold when I gazed into the mirror this morning.

Him! Raymond yelled in my head. Just like he'd been doing for the past four hours since I woke up.

My gaze drifts off to a boy on my left, standing amidst nearly five of his friends. I don't recognize him one bit for a moment, but then it clicks when he gives that whistle he'd been famous for in kindergarten. Jake.

"Dude!" One of his friends hisses at him, dragging him away when they realise I'm staring their way. "Come on!"

I know you wanna do it. Raymond continues carelessly. Do it.

I ignore him and keep moving forward to my destination. But my lips press into a tight line when I feel him creep even more into the corners of my mind, infesting them with his being. His deep voice begins to sing in a childish nonchalantly taunting manner.

Ivy wants to hurt somebody. Ivy wants to hurt somebody...

No, I don't.

Yes, you do!

Shut up!

Make me, my sweet girl.

I try to. I try to push him to the furthest cell of my mind, clawing him away like the parasite he is, but he just keeps slipping through like an oily residue, finding his way back to the front seat and making himself once again comfortable.

Oh. Oh. I know! I know! He playfully goes on. Her! Her! Right there!

For some reason, my own eyes betray me and slide forward, looking for the located victim. They attach onto a girl standing just a few metres a head. Blonde hair tied up in a ponytail, huge glasses resting on her nose, a yellow sweater, blue jeans, pretty face, huge blue eyes. I eye her as she shuts the locker, sighing in defeat.

I bet she has a lovely name to match that pretty face. I could feel almost his sick smile.

Cringing, I look away with a deep acid collecting into my stomach. Not because I'm ready to puke immediately, but because of the twisted acceptance that glides into me at that.

I bet she has some nice teeth that could go into your pile, daddy.

I pause at the sound of my younger self. My mind halts into a shocked stance that almost kills very brain cell in my mind. I had heard her...or me. I heard her, I had to have. I swear I'd...

I wait. I stand there and wait a little longer. I wait for her to appear again. I wait for her to say something. I wait for over five minutes, standing there like a deer caught in head lights. But with the way my mind now felt clear, empty and pristinely void, I knew I wouldn't be hearing anything any soon.