[11] : She's in...dan-ger...

"Don't be scared,
come pull my hair,
why you still standing there..."

-kira kosarin, LoveMeLikeYouHateMe song lyrics.

* ** ** **

Ivy's POV

Chris set Mary up on a date.

Yet I hadn't been informed about this. Not until I descended the stairs for my usual dinner of breathe taking Sunday spaghetti and meatballs. Chris had managed to convince whoever the guy is that he could come over and eat here. In the house. In our house. I wasn't pleased, especially when Chris put on an innocent shy facade while she tried to explain herself.

"What am I supposed to have for dinner then?" I scowl.

She raised a bag of cheetos, Chinese takeout, some sodas and something I'm not sure was. My frown deepened even more. Anytime I would've chosen that over dinner. But Mary's spaghetti and meatballs was something I'd pick over a five hundred gold watch. Besides, when I did sneak a pick into the dining room, I managed to catch the subtle look of help she'd sent my way. She still wasn't ready for this. She's just come out of a relationship and this isn't good for her. I took a step forward into the room, but Chris pulled me back and hissed.

"What do you think you're--"

I rip my hands out of hers with a disdaining force. It felt wrong to even stand next to her for some reason. "I'm going to eat." She opens her mouth to add something but I stop her with, "Dare and I'll be throwing you out this instance."

She reluctantly takes a step back. I nod in approval and turn back to the dining room. If Mary was going to start dating someone, then they'd have to survive the nightmare named Ivy Bathory.

I take my usual seat at the head of the table.

I fall into place gracefully, my eyes steely directed at the bulk on my left. Mary nearly sighs in relief when she sees me, even when she knows how rude it would sound.

"Ivy." She called.

The stranger shifted his brown hard gaze to me.
He was handsome, just a little bit. I couldn't really see anything past how huge his ears were. That's all I could give him; tried. Otherwise, he was standing at four percent attractiveness if compared to Mary's other douchebag boyfriends.

My lips stretch into a fake smile. "Hello."

His brows dip down in confusion, irritancy and disapproval. He wipes his mouth with the crimson napkin, barely making much of an emotion across his face. "Hey there."

Greet me like a kid again and I'll slit your damn throat.

I bite down my response and instead start serving myself some food. Unfortunately, because of the date thing going on, Mary hadn't made any spaghetti and meatballs. There was steak and some other fancy foods I'm sure we'd ditch for a good old fashioned pizza night any time. I served myself nevertheless, this man seemed interesting. Stiff, bold, alert and wary. He arrogantly radiated dominance and power. He looked scary to say the least. Not because he had a prominent scowl and death lurking behind is eyes, but because he seemed like the kind that was ordered around by way more powerful dangerous people who thought him a reliable partner. He was loyal to his word and made his next move based on what he'd observed. It could be possible that he had a file in his apartment that included all the personal details of anyone in town. I could tell all that with just one glance his way.

"You joining us?" He asked, watching me put something that like a potato on my table.

I quizzically wondered what it was. "Yes. What does it look like I'm doing?"