[26] : I'm not a slut.

"He got himself scars from messing with her..."

* ** ** ** **

Ivy's POV

Warm afternoon sunlight flowed into the room, flooding the dull decorated interior of my cave with it's harsh rays, fingers of the sun that shone against my shut eyelids, waking me up from another one of the sleepless slumbers that I emerge myself into at night.

I slowly open my eyes, shutting them immediately the sun blinds them with how bright the morning was. I sigh, deciding to blink against the soft rays instead, pulling my eyes open once more.

My cheek remains pressed against the pillow, eyes darting to watch each air mote that swims around in the light spilling in through the narrowly slitted windows.

The white curtains shift momentarily as a breeze swifts in, gently riding the small wave. My lips tug up widely as I relax into the moment, pulling the sheets higher up my shoulders. It felt nice and peaceful. And I would have gladly enjoyed it like I always do if my veins weren't burning with the rush of adrenaline.

It's Friday.

And mommy dearest would be arriving.

No. No. No. I don't mean that I'm excited to finally meet her again. I don't mean that I'm giddy with joy for her. Oh no.

It feels more like the rush of a kill. The suspense of having my claws hover over her chest but still not quite able to rip her apart.

My fingers curl into themselves, as though retracting from the desire to tear anything, fighting for their own control. I only manage to calm myself down a bit, thanking God that there were no voices in my head to further the urge.

Which genuinely surprised me. I'd expected to awake to the hissing of relentless whispers and the taunting obnoxious voice of Raymond in my ears. Yet here I was, basking in the quiet of my mind and confused as to why this was happening.

Once the primal need to have Laura's blood on my hands managed to subside a little, I reluctantly had to get up and take a long shower. Considering I wasn't interested in going to school today, I had all the time I needed to myself. And by that, I meant merely ten minutes.

"Morning, princess."

The sight of a gang leader dressed in a pink apron reading 'KISS MY BUNS' welcomed me when I descended the stairs from my bath. I skip over a discarded dirty utensil, frowning at the gun he leisurely balanced on his shoulders. If Mary were here to witness this, he'd be six feet under before he cashes in money to fix the huge mess he'd made. Lucky him, she wasn't arriving in nearly six hours.

"Is that an AK-47 on your shoulder?"

He brushes off my question, instead pulling out a tray of small snowy frosted cakes.

"I made cupcakes!" He winks. "Your favorite."

I pull my bathrobe tighter around my naked body, glaring at him. Those weren't my favorite. Those were his favorite. "What are you doing here?"

He rolls his eyes and places the gun on the countertop, rinsing his hands in the sink promptly. "What did you have planned for tonight?"

My hands drop as I shrug. "Takeouts or something."

I watch as he dries his massive hands with a towel. "Well. I'll be preparing tonight's dinner."

I follow him to the more pristine and clean side of the kitchen, matching to the half open refrigerator. "Since when could you cook?"

"Since I dated that Christian girl that attends culinary school."

"You dated. That's believable." I sarcastically add.