[40] : Gunther.

"There's nothing more beautiful than the flaws of the moon..."

* ** ** ** **

Ivy's POV

My heels clicked against the hard ground floor. Hands shoved inside leather jacket pockets, head bent low under the black hoodie.

The darkness of the area bit me, nipping my skin with the cold. Up above the tall red bricked abandoned building, I noticed the early bright sun rays still splitting into the sky, cutting the remaining fragments of night into a blue paint of brush. The light dimmed as it fell to the covers of civilization, just a light fraction managing to light the place, slipping in from different cracks between buildings.

The sound of heavy bass music thumped in the atmosphere, thick, heavy. But my mind was far away.

My mind was stuck on green eyes. A warm body that I'd woken up to. The drifting feel of the tip of his nose gliding across my skin. His huge arms holding onto me tightly, leg thrown over my hips to me in place with his body, reluctant to let me go. I'd woken to the most beautiful thing in the world.

"Hey, beautiful."

I sink deeper into myself, bending my head down and hiding the odd smile that refused to leave my lips no matter how hard I tried push it off.

"Hey, beautiful."

Warmth burst in my chest, spreading through each inch of my body, evading the coldness. My fists tighten and I lightly slow down my pace.

"Hey, beautiful."

His deep voice continually plays again in my ears, gruff, carefree and nonchalant with a sexy morning drawl.

I could still  feel the way his arms gripped me tightly, his face falling snuggling between my shoulders, his nose taking in a long draw of my scent, as though he could completely pull in away.

"Hey. Beautiful."

"Fuck." I curse under my breath. Grinding my teeth and rounding another corner. My head spins from just the memory of what happened nearly an hour back, unable to focus on anything else.

..."Hey, beautiful."

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hey, beautiful."

"I don't sleep with monsters."

..."I like this."

"You're very...pretty."

"Hey Beautiful."

I sigh, the bone shivering cold sinking back into my body. My tongue darted out from between my lips as I approached my destination, licking the dry skin. I tried not to think about how he seemed sick afterwards, or how he'd dashed into the bathroom when chance presented itself. I knew he didn't like me. I knew well that he probably had that deeply buried hate he still refused to openly show me.

The way he's eyes had bulged out their sockets, glaring with recognition. He'd been so surprised to realize it was me. As if he'd just snatched away the pastel painting of his dream and seen the atrocious ugliness lurking beneath it.

I still don't know how to feel about that reaction. Not that I'd expected him to wake up and make me breakfast. I just thought that maybe that simple moment, that insignificant fragile thing we'd shared then...would perhaps prove that I'm...well---

I sigh with irritation and come to a subtle halt before the door cloaked in the shadows of the tall buildings. A blue florescent light flickers above me, the sound of the unsteady fuse reaching my ears. Cold wisps of smoke leave my mouth.