CHAPTER FIVE

Vanessa got deeper into the woods without looking back she wasn't sure if it was wise to do what she was doing but she felt like she had to, the woods weren't very dark because the moonlight shone very brightly

"It's not safe for you here princess." Vanessa heard Michael's voice from behind her and she quickly turned, she was a little amazed by what she saw the man standing infront of her was shirtless and only had trousers on him, she was distracted by how his body was perfectly built and the scars on his chest.

"Vanessa." He called out making her snap out of it.

"What happened to you?" She quietly asked while looking at his scars.

"It's nothing unusual." He answered as he got closer making Vanessa's breathing a little loud, her body was getting colder and she almost couldn't feel her feet, she tried to move back but her legs didn't give much support and almost made her trip but Michael held her by her waist to give her enough balance, she gasped at his action and felt his strong hand slowly going up on her back and pushed her closer to him like she's a little puppy.

"I want you to trust me." He whispered on her ear making Vanessa's breathing a little shaky, she summed up her courage and looked at him in the eyes. "I trust you." She said earning a small smile from Michael, he moved back a few steps and started transforming into a big hairy wolf, Vanessa looked astonished by his transformation and when she looked deeply in his glowing hazel eyes she could still see Michael.
The mystical creature started running deeper into the woods while stopping a few times to look back at Vanessa to see if she's coming, Vanessa understood the gesture and started following him he ran really fast into the woods that it wasn't easy to catch up with him in a normal speed so Vanessa used her super speed and the next thing you know they patched up and ran together.
She didn't know where he was taking  her or what he was going to do to her but what she knew was she trusted him and she was having fun because she was laughing and smiling all the way.
Then he suddenly stopped and so did Vanessa, she watched him turn to a normal human and asked him. "Why are we here?"

"Turn around." He replied, Vanessa obeyed his order and saw a stunning view of the water fall then she took a step closer to the plunge pool and saw the moon very clearly it's light made the water sparkle, It was so clean and beautiful she bent down and scooped a little bit of water in her hands to see how clear it is, she suddenly turned to Michael and threw the water at him while she laughs, Michael closed his eyes and quickly looked away to prevent the water from getting into his eyes.

He smiled at her and got a little closer and asked. "Did you like it?"

"Yes, it's beautiful." She said with a warm smile plastered on her face, Michael got closer to her while looking in her eyes and put a strand of her hair behind her ear Vanessa didn't show denial instead she looked back at his eyes, Michael got closer their lips almost touching Vanessa closed her eyes ready to get what's coming to her but Michael suddenly pulled back, Vanessa opened her eyes looking confused but before she could ask what the problem was Michael said. "I can hear you brother's voice, he's looking for you." Vanessa had a disappointed look on her face, she quietly sighed and said. "Guess I'll be going then."
"Yeah." Michael said, Vanessa took a last glance on him and immediately ran in super speed heading back where they came from.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

"What is it Alex?" She asked while crossing her arms.

"I remember telling you not to wander around deep in the woods by yourself sister." He said.

"Oh please I'm not a child anymore." She said leaving Alex behind.
'I don't need you bugging me on my personal space.'  She said in her mind but she knew Alex was going to hear it because he's special powers are reading someone's thought and he can also make someone fall unconscious by just one touch.

"I'm trying to protect you." He said out loud making Vanessa stop walking and look back at him, she didn't say a word and headed inside, when she got inside the house Alex was still behind her so she didn't bother closing the door.

"I feel betrayed Vanessa, you said you'll be back before I noticed you even left." Marcus said. Vanessa looked at him and said "what are you Marcus? My palace guard?" Then she used her super speed to go up the stairs into her room, Marcus stood there dumbfounded and whispered under his breath. "Shit!"

"The meal was delightful Richard." Lily said while she was doing the dishes.

"My pleasure miss Lily." Richard said while he wiped the plate with the kitchen towel, Lily sighed and said. "Richard we've talked about this, you don't have to call me miss." She said.

"Pardon me mi–" he stopped for second and said. "Lilian." He finished with a smirk on his face, Lily smiled while slowly shaking her head.
When she finished washing the last plate she handed it to Richard, when he's hand reached for the plate their fingers touched making them look into each other's eyes.

"I- I'm... Uh..." Lily said shattering in her own words. "It's fine I'll just put this right here." Richard said quickly looking away and placing the plate in one of the kitchen's cabinet. "I'm going to my room." Lily said before she washed her hands and left without looking back, Richard looked at her until he made sure she was completely out of sight.

Vanessa was seated besides her window with her head leaning on the wall next to her window, she looked at the clear moon and remembered what happened in the woods and smiled a little, she had such a great time in a very short period but one thing was clear to her this time, she was definitely sure that she had feelings for Michael and that she'll do anything to be with him again, but what she wasn't sure of this time was what would happen if her kind found out? What would happen if Alex found out? And the worst of all her father, her father would never approve of her love for Michael because of what happened to him 53 years ago.

Later that night a group of high school kids we're leaving a party and they we're very drunk.
"Brian you can't drive." One of the girls said.
"Don't worry about me babe I'll go easy, go and clean up before you're parents get home." He playfully said, the girl kissed him on the cheek and and when she was about to get inside the boy smacked her ass making her look at him annoyed.
"You're sure you don't want to come with us Brian?" He's drunk friend said while holding a girl over her shoulders.

"Nah man I'm good." He replied, he entered his car and immediately started the engine.
He drove roughly on the road he's car wasn't going straight on his lane instead it went left and right, when he reached near the woods he crashed on one of the trees.
He injured his forehead and incessantly bleeded he groaned in pain and opened the door so he could leave his car, when he managed to leave the car he saw a man standing infront of him, he was too drunk to see his face so he shouted. "Hey! A little help here."
The man didn't say a word and continued standing but Brian got closer to him so he can see he's face, when he saw it he was startled by what he saw.
The man had dark red eyes and had sharp fangs and his hand had very long and sharp nails but before Brian got the chance to run the man got really close to him by a blink of an eye and choked him with one hand lifting him up and throwing him down really hard, Brian groaned in pain and tried to crawl away to save his life but he felt the man slowly approaching him behind his back, he quickly turned and begged. "Please man don't do this please." He's eyes were tearing up and he looked pitiful but still didn't stop begging for mercy but his murderer didn't listen to any of his words, the scary looking man held him by the collar of his jacket and lifted him over to him then widely opened his mouth which had two very sharp fangs and mercilessly bit his neck making Brian shout in pain while struggling to leave his grip. "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh." He kept on shouting and struggling until he was suddenly silent but the man kept on sucking the blood out of him until he had enough.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Play this song when Vanessa and Michael were running towards the plunge pool.