CHAPTER FIFTEEN

The fall (pt2)

The fall (pt2)

"The castle is on fire!" A guard shouted, his words made everyone in the castle panic.
"What do you mean?" The king said while standing up.

"The wolves my lord, they are attacking they set the bottom of the castle on fire blocking our way out." He explained as he trembled in fear of giving the king such information, the king walked towards him with his eyes turning red and his fangs growing taller.

"Where were you until the castle caught on fire!" The king asked while his nails slowly grew taller.

"We found some of the guards poisoned your majesty it seems like there was someone from inside the castle who hel—" before he could finish the king split open his throat with his long nails making the blood splatter across his face, the guard's head hang on his body as his veins slowly tore apart from each other, he dropped on his knees then fell to the ground.

"Margaret." The king said under his breath.
He turned around to see people panicking and screaming, they could already smell the smoke.

"Everyone remain calm and follow me to a secret passage, everything will be fine we need to stick together to survive!" He announced making a few screams fade away, people in the council moved out of their places and followed the king but Howard stood by the window out of strength not knowing what to do, the king walked towards his royal guard and said.

"Don't leave this place until you make sure those hairy bastards die today, no matter what kill them all."

He received a small bow then the guard led his men, some of them grabbed crossbows and surrounded the windows and some grabbed their swords tightly and made their way out the main door, when the king was too distracted by his people Mercy and Alex came out of their hiding place and walked towards Howard.

"Dad." Alex called as he hugged his father tightly, when Mercy got closer to Howard she grabbed his wrist making him snap out of it.

"Sir Howard, we have to get to a safe place quick before it's too late." She said.

When Howard turned to look at her he saw her holding his little girl on one hand and looked down at Alex who didn't want to let go, Alex looked up to his dad with his eyes a bit swollen with tears continuously falling from it, Howard felt helpless and deeply hurt that he wanted to end himself but remembered his wife's words about protecting their kids, this made him regain strength and quickly picked up Alex.

"Where are we going?" Howard asked her, Howard trusted Mercy because of how his wife deeply relied on her.

"I'm going to fulfill my promise, follow me." She said as she quickly headed on the main entrance followed by Howard with Alex on his arms.