||01||

Before you read

Although all my characters are Muslim, they don't portray perfect Islamic characters. No one is perfect and my characters are nowhere near them. They are flawed, stained. They consume alcohol which is prohibited in Islam, they have inked themselves, some maybe have questionable relationships and many such things, but once you are reading, I will request y'all to bear with those. All your feedbacks are welcome here, but please try not to be hateful in the Dm's. We all are suffering in one way or other, please be gentle, and let's make it a happy place.

||Aarzu||

LOUD music bustling the surrounding, youngsters screaming their hearts out, party poppers blasting every second, as they fill the void sky with fireworks. By the barges of River Thame, she stands hooting along with her colleagues.

Black hairs with few copper red highlights swaying amidst the cold winds the kisses her. Clad in black shimmer top with leather brown jacket paired with black jeans and ankle boots, she looks gorgeous but the little drop of diamond that rests on her left nose steals the show.

A smile lingering on her face as her blue orbs catch the known figure among the crowd walking towards her with open arms, a sly smile and two beer bottle. This guy will never change.

He engulfs her in a bear her handing her one beer bottle, holding her close to him.

"Another new year's eve together." He whispers, a smile never leaving his face hiding those millions of pain behind, just like her.

"And here's too many more to come." She leans towards his shoulder.

Another hooting begins as the countdown starts, "A decade it is." He whispers, she smiled gulping all her memories away.

"A lifetime it is." She replied.

3

2

1

"Happy New Year.." They scream their hearts out, letting their pain travel across the world, in hope of finding the happiness they deserve but never had their chance in it.

Her blue orbs collide with his amber ones.

Pain against grief. Yet it different this time, way too different.

A sudden pang of pain hits her but she gulps it down with beer. There's no place of pain in her life, no place.

"Happy new year Zaheer." She smiles at her confidant.

He holds her by her shoulder, laughing at a distant memory. A memory of them sitting next to each other by the bonfire in the valleys of Abbottabad. A sigh of pain a memory of grief.

"Happy new year Heer ki Aarzu." She laughed and the stars in her blue orbs shine.

Walking out of the crowd hand in hand they sat on a bench, lost in the chaos that engulfs them. Another gulp and she started laughing. Zaheer for once is happy for her laugh, but he knows the truth better.