|| 1 ||

Flashback is in bold.

.Till the next time.

Passing by the lanes the cold breezes pass by giving chills through the body.

Late December evenings are as pleasant as torture in the streets of Abbottabad.

"Aree Ruhaan Baba it's quite late where are going? Should I take the car out?"

"No let it be Bilal chacha, I am just going for a walk. And no need for the car, I am still quite familiar with the streets here.

I suppose I won't be lost.

I'll be back soon, just wanna grab a cup of coffee and a walk is all I needed. Don't fret Chacha."

Even though Ruhaan Rizwaan is quite fond of winters but that's always not the case, especially not when he is here in his hometown.

Maybe this late night walk is certainly not a good idea as it seems to him a few moments ago, but now there's no way he is not going back halfway.

And now he is cursing himself for not taking the car with him as Bilal had asked him to.

Islamabad has always been a better place for him, a place where people are always in a rush, the noise in the city is much preferable to him, it keeps chaos away from his heart away, far better than this dreading silence of Abbottabad. The irony, once this place used to be his safe haven, his home where his heart belonged.

Perhaps years later today, things turn out the complete opposite. The past is not a part of the present anymore, and this is not his home anymore.

Sadly his heart is long lost somewhere in these alleys or maybe to a certain pair of hazel brown orbs.

Ruhaan Rizwan is an investment banker, a hardcore workaholic, someone who can spend twenty hours straight working on something without a break, with his cup of coffee supplied to him continuously.

One can say he fits well in the definition of handsome. He a good height with proper muscles, and black eyes. He can sometimes spend his entire day on black coffee without a proper meal and still be much energetic at the end of the day.

Well now, these streets of Abbottabad reminds him of the past, a place he had prohibited himself from visiting. But today years later coming here for some deal costs him much more than he can afford. But as anyone would say, Ruhaan Rizwan can even travel to hell if he needs to forgetting something he wants, and this deal is one of his wants.

Ruhaan had spent eighteen springs of his life here. This place where he had been through his childhood, his teenage life, his adulthood too, this place had witnessed his every first, first school, first win, first loss, first crush, first friendship, first love perhaps every first heartbreak too.

And certain things ended not the way one wanted them to be. Perhaps all that would be left behind is bits and pieces of memories, broken promises and a coward heart that refuse to fall again, feel again. That's what happened to Ruhaan, and like a coward, he ran away from everything not for once looking back.

And even today, nearly a decade later he is still not ready to pass down the memory lane, a certain fear is there, a quite unknowingly known fear. So the best he can do is to avoid all this chaos is to rush things a bit, the soon it ended the soon he will be free, the soon he left from here the soon his heart won't be in chaos.