•⑤•

"You and I don't really belong together, Mish."

"You are not worth it Mishkhat."

"We should stop talking, Mishkhat."

Once he said all these to her, and he meant it all.

Once he broke her heart, and he looked back.

"We really don't belong together."

"Perhaps, we are not worth it."

"We really should stop this, for once and for all."

Once she said these to him, and she meant it.

Once she walked away from him, and never looked back.

And that was the end of a saga, a chaotic love tale. The end of their love story.

For after that, Hamza Sayyed never felt regret like that ever again.

The regret of loving someone so good yet losing them for he was a pathetic lover, a coward human, and a great son.

For after that, Mishkhat Khawar never felt remorse like that ever again.

The remorse of loving someone all your life yet losing them, letting them go for she had enough of it.

And that was half a decade ago.

Five-long summers ago.

Six-cold winters ago.

And now, when he sat in the cafe near her place, he couldn't help but let his mind wander off there. Two moons have passed since the last time he saw her.

The last time she was at the hospital to see his mother and even paid the bill. Something that had hurt his fragile ego, a lot. After that, she just left, as she had told him. She moved back to her city, joined her office and moved away with life.

Mishkhat Khawar wasn't going to waste her time on him, and she didn't.

The last two months were busy for him. His mother's health, his sister's separation and her coming back to his place permanently. And with that his job. Life is moving for him as well.

Hamza Sayyed didn't stop for her either, he couldn't.

A week ago he called her and asked her to meet. She said she will be coming next week for her mother's appointment. And hence, they are here. Finally.

Today, he is going to lose her, yet again.

And this time he doesn't know whom to blame it on.

Himself?

Her?

Or maybe just fate.

Maybe he will settle up for the last one. But even though Mishkhat Khawar wasn't here for two long months, she had left her essence in his life.