***

THE NIKAH HAS BEEN DONE, the mehfil has been set. The loud music is in the background and I just stand near Kabeer with my arms in his.

My eyes trailing behind on a particular person, Ayat Aapi and now Asad, who hasn't left her side for once.

Not when she refused to dance with him, not when Taya Jee asked for her.

He had been following her throughout the evening, and for some reason, even though she seems irritated she is okay with it. I haven't seen Ibrahim Bhai much though. Phuphi and Ammi were busy with their talks and I decides to be with my beloved husband.

We were going back soon anyhow and I want to spend as much time with him as I could. Back to London means back to home and work.

I sighed and keep looking around, just when I was about to ask Kabeer about some drinks I saw Ayat Aapi going towards the backyard and out of my curiosity, which I guess by now y'all know is huge, I followed her, alone.

The backyard of the haweli is beautiful, that's what I concluded as soon as I steps in here. But soon a frown plays on my forehead when I saw that same guy blocking Ayat Aapi. For some reason, I chose to hide behind the pillars, not a good idea I tell you, but yeah, the curiosity you see. And then I heard them, with many efforts though.

"Asad rasta chore mera mood kharab na kare aur." Ayat Aapi said, her voice cracked a little but I am sure she isn't crying, yet.

"Aree aise kaise chor dein, ap akele bahar jayengi toh yeh tih hona hi tha," that's Asad in his teasing tone.

"Hum Kabeer key saath the."

"Ap akele thi, gaurds ke bina."

"Agar kisi ko itni fikar hai humari toh unhe kahe samne ake baat kare hume apse koi baat nahi karni."

"Arey aise kaise baat nahi karni, Bhabijaan."

Wait.

WHAT.

I almost stumbled back but was well managed somehow.

"Asad."

"Aur ab toh hume apke security ka bhi dhayan rakhna hai." She was going to say something but stopped abruptly.

My eyes followed hers and there he stood. The man I was looking for the whole evening, the man who wasn't around.

The Ibrahim Sheikh.

I saw Asad giving him a nod and walking out, but I stood there. I am so invading someone's privacy but hey, I am a journalist and I am curious.

I saw Ibrahim Bhai walking towards her, with the eyes of a predator fixed upon his prey. Ayat Aapi held her head low and I saw him snarling his arms around her bare waist, her resting her head on his chest.

I gulp and blinked, they fix like the perfect pieces of puzzles, just right and beautifully.

"Waise mujhe bhookh lagi hai" He whispers and I almost laughed out loud.

"Khana waha hai" She wasn't helping me when she said this with so much disbelief.

"Ab banda itne waqt baad aya hai, aur attitude toh dekho"

Okay now let's be honest, I was thinking of him to be some rude one, well that's his appearance if you ask me but now, well it doesn't seem like that

"Nahi matlab theek hai" I almost saw her glaring at him and him just pulling her closer.

I swear this is something else. I am so ready to hoot for a kiss when Ibrahim Bhai bend towards her but Ayat Api just stopped him.

"Ibrahim"

"Jaan hi lein loo Jaani" That was damn.

"Koi dekh lega"

"Dekh lene do, I don't give a fuck baby"

"I missed you"

"I know, I missed you more Baby" And that was so ... damn.

"Hey?" And that's me.

Wait.

No No no.

I turned slowly towards my right and sighed.

"Asad?"

"Yeah, that would be me." He said with a laugh and motion me to follow him and I did, half-heartedly.

"I was just.." I started but that man just cut me off. Already hating him.

"Invading two people's privacy, I get it."

"I... I am sorry."

"Are you though?"

"Okay fine. I was curious. No one actually talks around here you know."

"Oh trust me I do, I do very well."

"I just want to know about them."

"I can help but."

"But?"

"But you need to keep that a secret."

"And why would you do that?"

"Technically there isn't anything wrong to tell you and I guess you almost have an idea by now."

"Then you owe me one. Start talking."

"Ayat aapi, you Ayat Aapi is Ayat Ibrahim, my Bhabijaan. They were lovers then they got married five years back. But Ibrahim Bhaijaan's family, as in his politics and business is not something what can you say, safe for her? Yeah. So her father refused to rukshath her."

"But that's wrong," I said almost screamed and he just smiled.

"That is and that's when their equation which wasn't great, to begin with, started degrading. She is the stubborn one starting eating from her own money and other things her husband took care of."

"That's why she doesn't live here."

"She lives at their penthouse. Ibrahim is right now working on some deal in Boston for some months so he isn't around much, but threats are."

"That's why the car."

"Yes. And that's why he's here. She shouldn't have gone to the mall alone, he saw her there, he was supposed to surprise her today but instead he is angry now."

"From where I see she is the one angry here."

"Oh trust me you have no idea. Inka alag chalta hai."

"So it was him she was at the mall."

"It's nice talking to your Mysha."

"Thank you Asad."

With that, I walk away, mentally trying to process everything and nothing.