||10|| Aarzu e Mohabbat (𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔱)

Life. 

That's been uncertain to her. 

Love.

That betrayed her.

And in between these she somehow lost so much, so much more than she afforded.

A smile plays on her lips when she looks ahead at the clear sky a cluster of clouds filling it slowly.

A sigh left her trembling lips.

A sigh silver-lined with agony.

Her hands didn't stop mixing the cake batter. The vanilla smell fills the kitchen. Zaman was out for a walk, meanwhile, she decided to bake.

That's her therapy.

Settling the oven she walked back to the couch she had been sitting on all day, covering herself in the black hoodie that smelled like home to her.

Zamaan's hoodie.

A smile dances on her lips. The memory of their first meeting blurred her mind.

Her blue eyes clashed with his amber ones.

They were kids back then.

He saved her from falling when she missed one of the stairs.

That was the first.

That was the beginning.

The first time they met after years of stealing glances was when Shamir and Fatimah's alliance got fixed.

The baithak was filled, all the eyes upon them when Nawab Shah announced that.

Her eyes never left him looking for something.

He gave that to her.

A trust.

An approval.

She trusted him, for years, with her family, with her life, with her heart.

A gulp.

With the din of footsteps and the room filled with his warmth, she blinked, twice. He walks to the couch, taking her in his embrace.

"How are you feeling now?" Zamaan asked with a soft smile, she nodded.

"I don't know how long I can stay here Baby. They need me." He whispered slowly into her hair, she nodded again.

They need him, and he needs to go. Like always.

She needed him too, she needed him to stay. Like always.

"I baked a cake," Aarzu whispers softly, and he smiles. She is at least trying.

"I asked you not to, you don't have to do anything."