04. the meet

The late-night when the moon is hidden behind the curtains and the sky is roaring a little, Sheuli is lying upon the couch next to Sebanti's bed who was fast asleep.

Suddenly she hears it, the sound of footsteps and the main door opening. She sat up straight quickly.

A gulp.

No way she is ready for a thief now, it's freaking the middle of a night. She slowly makes her way towards the kitchen and her first instinct was to take the knife.

That would be too much.

She concludes before taking the heavy frypan and tiptoeing towards the front door.

A figure was standing in the dark with back towards her. A well-built figure who smells of mints mixed with a strong cologne, a male cologne.

She holds the pan above her head ready to attack the intruder but in a swift second he turns around pulling her towards him, making her collide with him.

Her eyes closed tightly as the pan falls on the floor. She can feel his breath upon her face, mint mixed with smoke. She slowly opens her light brown orbs which shines as he flashed his lighter.

Her brown eyes clash with his dark black ones where all the secrets of the galaxies hide, and she found him lost somewhere.

"Who are you?" She asks controlling her heart.

"I should be asking you this Miss?" he said with a frown.

Slowly his hold around her loosens after a few more seconds as the lights flick on.

She takes a step back now getting a near look at the man of six feet some clad in a white shirt with folded sleeves, a vein prominent on his left arm and the faded blue jeans standing in front of her already looking at her with an expressionless face.

"Abeer" A call from behind makes her head snap.

Abeer? As in Abeer Bose.

"Maa" He smiles a little walking towards Sebanti.

"Baba ree. You get so weak from last time." Sebanti complains about taking her son in a hug and a few tears shining on her eyes.

Her son is finally home after three long months.

"Maa I gained a few pounds rather stop complaining. And look at you so careless about health..." He went on and on about his mother health, the accident and whatnot with a voice so caring that surely doesn't go with his physique.

A smile plays on Sheuli's lips as she looks at the mother-son duo.

And suddenly embarrassment engulfs her.

She just tried to hit him.

The owner of this place.

What was she even thinking? Damn.

Something is surely wrong with her brain because if anything Sheuli Bakshi is not someone to act so recklessly or maybe she is.