.01 Petrichor

(Past in bold.)

THE EARLY MORNING HUES filled the sky. The phone vibrates once, twice and ended. He woke up with a start, and checks the phone, 5.29 am.

Always on time.

He murmurs with a smile dancing on his lips. He dials the number and the phone got picked up on the third ring.

Always the same.

"Good morning Baby." He whispers, looking at his closed bedroom door, keeping a note not to be loud.

"Morning Baby." The murmur came from the side, and he was sure she was again covering her mouth with that pillow.

"How was your day? Did you have lunch? I forgot to ask about the project you were working on, what about it?" And she just asked all at once.

He knows what she's doing, letting him talk so she can hear his voice, and then she will start talking and there won't be any stopping then.

Always the same.

And he did answer all of those.

With love and smiles.

Happiness is there for them.

So was love.

They're after all the lovers.

"You won't believe what happened yesterday," she started, and he keeps on listening to her nonstop rants, something he loved a lot.

"You don't tired of hearing me right?" She asks, and he furrows.

"I can never be tired of hearing you, Ayesha." He said with truth in his voice.

"Never?"

"Nahi Jaan."

"I love you." He heard her, a smile dances on his lips heart filling up with love.

"I know that."

"You won't say it back?"

"I don't need to."

He didn't.

For she knows.

He was her lover after all.

She was beloved.

And those were the teenagers, crazily in love. After all, he hated his 6.45 AM alarm but always loved her 5.30 calls.

And they would talk, almost in sleep. But they would. Because that's there thing.

That's just... love.

•••

THE MORNINGS IN SAHANI RESIDENCE are nothing but a mess. And that had always been the same.