•➁•

THE RINGING PHONE breaks the decor of the silence of the room, making his eyes snap open and then close. He looks at his phone and it shows five, too early for him.

For Hamza Sayyed had left his habit of waking up early in the morning five years back.

Well reason, the certain someone with hazel pair of eyes who used to wake him up early in the morning, begging him for some thirty minutes of his time, had left.

That certain someone who happens to be his wife now.

A wife whose alarm is going off and she isn't waking up, at all.

A laugh left his lips, she wasn't an early riser either, he knows that.

But still, she used to wake up early, leaving her sweet sleep just to talk to you, idiot. His inner voice snapped.

Mishkhat Khawar had always made efforts, cent per cent and sometimes even more for their relationship.

Hamza Sayyed had always made a joke of her efforts, always.

He was a certified asshole back then. He agreed.

A stir from his side, and he almost take a hold of her stupid phone to shut it off. He almost did that when he found her sitting just upright.

And damn he forgot the fine art of breathing. His wife sits up straight by his legside and almost throw her phone away with the cutest pout. Her messy bun almost falling down and her eyes were still closed.

Wait from his leg side.

Just then he noticed the sleeping arrangement. She was sleeping in opposite direction with her pillow almost falling out of bed and the blanket wrapping her as if some sleeping bed.

"Why were you sleeping like that?" He couldn't help but ask.

And she just gave him the look, are-you-seriously-asking-me-this look.

Nevertheless, having full faith in his non-existence brain cells she replied, "I am not very comfortable with sleeping with you which already sounds gross to me and it's damn irritating and you can't just expect me to next to you, I need my privacy."

"We are husband and wife." He laughed at her reasons and she just shake her head.

Some people never change, Hamza Sayyed is one of them. Ever so inconsiderate.

"Being husband and wife doesn't mean not having any privacy. Secondly, we are here for a long run." She said checking her phone.

"What if I never let you go then?" He popped down on his elbow and looked at her from the other side.

Even in the morning, without much light and devoid of any makeup, she looks like a hoor.

Was she always this beautiful or is it just the time that made her this?

Someday, when things will be a little better between them he will surely ask her.

Someday.

That will be his one innocent wish which he somehow know will come true.

"It's not up to you, you know." She said looking directly into his eyes.

Her eyes. Damn her hazel pair of eyes.

Once they used to carry so much love in them for him. And he failed to read those.

Now they carry so much pain in them. And he can clearly read that.

For the first time in the last week, when he had seen her again after five years, he is seeing her without her facade. Without her guards.

And that made him gulp. She should just wear her facade, he can't handle her real emotion. For they are too deep for him, always been that.