|| 6 ||

NAWAB ZAMAAN SHAH had never known what fear taste likes until now. Until this eerie silence suffocates him. And he swears, his ancestors must have feared it as well. A gulp.

A step towards her and she stumbles back.

A gulp.

She steps back from him. From her Maan.

The breezes halt, the midnight glory hides behind the clouds of pain designedly.

The trees stilled as they silently hold themself witness for the uproar that's yet to witness by the universe, the war that will ruin the cosmos of lovers, that will taint the unsullied word, Love, itself.

"Aarzu" He whispers, softly, fear lingering in his voice to a point he, himself couldn't recognise as his own, for Nawab Zamaan Shah feared nothing in his twenty-nine springs of existence except once.

Once these blue pairs of eyes searched for his amber ones in a room full of people and found that. They pleaded with him, for love, for chance, and he walked away, from her unheard plea, from her unrequited love.

"Aarzu" A plea this time.

"Why?" A small broken voice that screams betrayal. A betrayal from a lover. A stab where it hits the most.

"I have to" A truth he can't deny, he never want to.

"Why?"

"Amma was not the target Aarzu, Sahir Mirza was." He snapped.

"My Amma was not the target, my Brother was." She screamed.

The winds drift crazily suddenly, for the lovers are fighting their survival now, for hate is making its way now.

"My father's murderer was the target Aarzu," He justifies without the essence of guilt in that voice.

"Who happens to be my Brother Zamaan" she screamed as she looks into his amber eyes and Zamaan swear he never want to see that sight of hers ever again.

Red eyes.

Broken.

Hate.

"Khoon ka badla Khoon hota hai Aarzu" He said.

"Khoon ka badla khoon hota hai Zamaan" She whispers, and for once he furrowed then she continues.

"Aur dard ka badla dard." she said as she takes another step back.

"Aarzu" He pleaded.

"Khoo diya apne Maan, khoo diya." She said as she nears the door, stopping just a step away from it.

"He killed my father, Aarzu. He killed my anchor. I was not even an adult when I lost my family. He killed my aunts in front of my eyes, in front of all of us. How could I not avenge that?" He said, for this time a lover is asking for his beloved to stay, for another chance.

A tear billowed down her blue pools as she recalls the past. A gulp of pain as she shut her mind out of it again. It took her years to put a curtain on the dreadful past, a decade to get rid of all those nightmares, now is not the time for it again.