A Phone Call Home

Chapter Twenty

Paris' POV

I stepped out of my bedroom at the same moment Louis stepped out of his. We both stared down at what we were wearing, and simultaneously groaned. We apparently shared the same Superman t-shirt.

"I'm changing," I stated, but suddenly Natalie was hurrying us both towards the door. We had been staying in Charlotte's grandparent's house while we were in Manchester, which was a luxurious mansion on the very edge of town. They were nice people, and had allowed all ten of us to stay with them. Jesus, there was enough space. The only people who had to share a room were Louis and Harry, and then Rae and I. And that was just because we wanted to.

"We're going to miss our plane if you two have to search your bags for something the other doesn't have," Natalie muttered. I rolled my eyes at the same time Louis did.

We walked down the stairs, and were greeted with everybody else. Raw started laughing when she saw us.

"You two look hilarious!" she cried shamelessly, "I totally shop Laris!"

"Shut up," I growled, which just made her laugh harder.

"Guys, we have to go," Charlotte reminded us, and I nodded. We followed Char to the limo, which was a bit excessive, but fun as hell. I live limos; it doesn't matter how many times I ride them, it's the same amount of excitement.

It's about 11pm, so the airport wasn't crazy. We got on the plane without difficulties, and I realized that I didn't have anybody beside me. The others were surrounded with people, but of course, the only two tickets that weren't purchased were the two next to me.

I sighed, putting my head back to try and sleep. An hour later, I was still wide awake, but everyone else was snoring.

I let out a sigh and felt around for my phone, stuffing it in my pocket and getting up to go to the washroom. I stepped into the small room and locked the door behind me. I took out my blackberry, aware that it wasn't safe, but not particularly giving a damn.

Just as I was about to ring my dad, the phone went off in my hand. It was my mum. Again.

With shaky hands, I pressed 'accept' and held the phone up to my ear, "Hello?"

"P-Paris?" my mum's voice questioned in shock.

"I believe that's who you just called," I snapped, "Do you want me to get Rae or something instead?"

"You answered!" she cried in disbelief and joy, "It's so good to hear your voice, sweetheart!"

"Don't call me that," I spat, "You lost the right to call me that when you left us."

"Paris-"

"Don't try to explain yourself! You left us without a word! Without a word of goodbye!"

"Paris, I'm sorry-"

I ignored her, "I was ten years old, so don't tell me I 'just don't understand'. I'm not a little girl anymore, but you wouldn't know that, now would you? How did you even get my number?"

"Paris, I know I hurt you," my mother said desperately, "I know I left you when you needed me most-"

"That's not why I'm mad."

The pause on the other end of the line was one of shock, "What?"

"I'm not mad because you left me," I stated, "I'm mad because you left dad. David and Carter were two young to know you, and James and I always knew you were going to leave. But dad was heartbroken, and you don't even seem to feel bad about it. That's because you weren't the one who was comforting him every night as he cried into his ten year old daughter's lap. You weren't the one who had to listen to him telling you all the things he regretted, and all the things he wanted to tell you, but you never gave him the chance. Why? Because you left. That's why I'm mad."