One Last Truth?

Chapter Thirty-One

Rae's POV

Venue full of screaming fans chanting our name, and what am I doing? Playing Angry Birds.

"Die, you stupid green pigs!" I cried, "You mock me with your space hats of power!"

"What are you doing?" Harry questioned with an amused smirk as he sat beside me on the backstage couch.

"Playing Star Wars Angry Birds," I shrugged, "I can't get past level 31!"

"Let me try," he said, taking the phone and tapping the screen. Two minutes later, he handed it back.

"Beat it," he said in a bored tone.

"Shut up."

Harry laughed, and took out his own phone, "You haven't played a thing until you've tried Fruit Ninja."

"I like aggressive birds better."

"But fruit ninja is so-"

"No."

"But it-"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

Harry sighed and snatched my phone away, tossing his in my hand instead. I growled, but tried a few levels of the game.

"Oh my god this is amazing," I stated.

"Great. Can I have my phone back?"

"No."

"But I-"

"No."

Harry groaned, and I smirked. I may have a slight problem of always having to be right...

"Your eye is almost healed," I said offhandedly. There was just a faint circle around his eye now, from when the man had hit him.

"Ya. I'm glad your rib healed too."

I nodded, and we were silent, aside from the violent tapping of Fruit Ninja.

"Before the show starts, can I ask you something?" Harry asked.

"Sure. Shoot."

"Well, I was wondering if I could cash in that truth I saved?"

I raised an eyebrow, "From truth or dare? That night there was a blackout?"

"Ya. I said I wanted to save it. Can I use it now?"

I shrugged, "I suppose."

"Okay, well, when we were attacked, and, uh, you know...after he left...we were sitting in that alleyway, and uh..."

"Just spit it out, Harry."

"I'm trying!" he said, "It's just...you and I were so close at that moment-for those minutes-and then...it's like it never happened."

I placed the phone on the couch cushion gently, "What's your question, Harry?"

"My question is, why? Why were you so close, and then so distant? Was it just pity? Did you get with that other guy? Do you hate me? Did I do something wrong?" Harry babbled, and I shook my head.

"No of course not-"

"Was it something I said? Was it something I did? Am I not good enough?"

"Harry-"

"Do you just not like me? Do you have a boyfriend? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Ha-"

"Is there something wrong with me? Did you just feel bad? Do you secretly thank that guy? Do you even consider me as a-"

This time, I cut him off with a kiss. I pressed my lips to his a bit forcefully, begging him to shut up. He did, thank the gods.

I pulled away, but not far. I stared into Harry's big green eyes, and he stared back. We didn't speak, we just stared, which might look a bit weird to strangers passing by, but I didn't care.

"You truly are perfect, Rae," he whispered.

"Please. I'm far from perfect."

"Even better."

Harry kissed me again, and I felt butterflies in my stomach. No, not butterflies, birds. Pterodactyls.

Of course, once I was feeling great, it had to be ruined. Paris jumped over the couch and landed on Harry and I, forcing us apart.

"PARIS MARIA STYKES!!" I screamed, and Paris howled with laughter.

"That was hilarious! You guys were being all sappy, and then BOOM! Hit with an awesome bomb!" Paris laughed. She looked at Harry and I, patted our cheeks, and said, "I love you guys," before walking away.

"You can't take her anywhere, can you?" Harry laughed.

I shook my head, "Nowhere at all."

Harry smiled and leaned in once more, gently touching his lips to mine. I smiled at the same time he did, and buried my face in his neck.

"To answer your question," I murmured, "If Natalie and Zayn hadn't showed up when they had, I would've told you how I felt."

Harry smiled, "Me too."

"Harry! Rae! We've been looking all over for you two!" Rob shouted, "Rae Aspen, you are on in about twenty seconds!"

I groaned and got up from the couch, bringing Harry with me. Our fingers tangled together naturally, and I couldn't help the smile on my face.

I ran to the stage entrance, where the other girls were already waiting. One of the workers tossed me my mic, but I missed it. Harry caught it instead, and he smirked as he placed it in my hand.

"I believe this is yours," he said, and I smiled.

"Thanks, Harry," I said, before giving the boy a quick hug. I was about to pull away, when he whispered one last thing in my ear.

"You're going to do great."

"You too," I whispered back, before running out into the stage once again.

__________________________

My Harrae heart!!!!

.......that is all.