Blackout

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Charlotte's POV

The lights went out, and a scream escaped my lips. I clasped my hand over my mouth, and I felt a hand rub my shoulders soothingly.

"Shh, it's alright," I heard Liam whisper, and I instantly felt better.

"What happened to the lights?!" Callie cried.

"Shh, babe, it's just a power outage," Niall told her.

"There's no lights along the entire street!" Natalie cried.

"It probably will take them a few hours to fix it," Zayn sighed.

"What the hell are we going to do now?" Harry asked.

"I'm scared..."

"I don't enjoy darkness!"

"She don't like the lights...."

"This is not the right time for Bieber, Callie."

Nobody spoke for a few seconds, before Rae's voice broke the silence, "Paris?"

"...Mhm?"

"Where ARE you?"

"Uh...nowhere?"

I got a suspicious feeling that Paris and Louis completed that dare.

"Well, how about we play a different game?" Louis suggested, his voice a bit shaky.

"Murder in the dark?" I suggested with a grin.

"Boys VS girls," Liam challenged.

"Let's do it!" Paris said a bit quickly, "We can use the top two floors. The lads come here when they get caught, and we'll go to the ice room downstairs."

"Sounds good," Callie said.

"Aye," Niall agreed.

The guys headed downstairs, while we headed out to the hallway.

"Okay, Paris and Rae, you'll be guarding up here. Callie, you go hide in a closet or something. Natalie and I will sneak downstairs," I said, and the girls agreed.

My phone beeped with a text from Liam.

"Game's on," I whispered.

We all split up, with Nat heading to one stairwell, and me going to the other.

I crept down the stairs silently, and slowly opened the door. I didn't hear anything, but that wasn't always a good thing.

I tried to see through the dark, but I could barely see my own hand in front of my face.

I suddenly heard Natalie down the hall. Zayn yelped, and I heard a thump. That boy was just tackled by his own girlfriend.

Natalie is REALLY good at this game. Every time we've played it, she's won by taking out everyone on the other team. Me, however...well, I'm not the best.

I slipped back into the stairwell and backed up. I stared at the door with paranoia. This game is terrifying. You never know who might be right behind you...

"You're not very good at this game, are you?"

I spun around on my heel, and suddenly lost my balance on the steps. But before I could fall and surely break my neck, a strong hand grabbed mine, and pulled me forwards.

"Uh, thanks, and no, I'm not very good at this game," I sighed.

Liam laughed, "Natalie is good, apparently."

As if on cue, we heard another yelp, followed by a frightening laugh.

"And there goes Harry," I giggled.

"I suppose you're caught too," Liam reminded me, and I groaned.

"I don't want to go to the ice room!" I whined, "It smells funny in there."

"Well...I guess I COULD let you go...but there will be a price," Liam said, and I could sense a cheeky grin.

"Oh, really? And what would that be?" I asked.

"A kiss."

I froze. Did he really just say that?

"Another one of those 'friend kisses'?" I questioned hesitantly.

"If...that's what you want..."

"Well, what do YOU want?"

"Well...I don't know..."

My shoulders sagged, and I let out a sigh. I cupped Liam's face between my hands and kissed him, standing on my toes to reach. He kissed me back, but I didn't give him much time to. I pulled away after a couple seconds, and kept my face expressionless.

"There's your kiss," I snapped, "Let me know when you figure out what it means."

I turned around, only to have Liam grab my arm again and spin me back. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, gentle at first, and then more forcefully. I felt his arms around my waist pull me closer, and my hands went through his hair as we deepened the kiss. Our lips moved in sync, and as much as I wanted to stay like that, I needed air.

I pulled away, but Liam and I stayed close, our foreheads touching. I felt his hot breath as we stood there and grinned at each other.

"Does that answer your question?" Liam whispered, and I laughed.

"I don't know. Was that a friend snog, or a more than friend snog?" I teased, and Liam pecked my lips once more.

"Should we get back to the game?" I asked.

Liam shrugged, "I don't think they'll notice that we're gone for a few more minutes."

I grinned and allowed his soft lips to cover mine once again, getting lost in the taste.