First Concert

Chapter Ten

Paris' POV

I'm on tour with One Direction.

Fuck my life.

I stayed up on the top level of the bus, not going down unless absolutely necessary. The girls did the same for the most part, sending Callie down as our messenger.

For some reason, she didn't mind those idiots as much. Nobody could really get mad at her, though. Even if we wanted to, Callie just has an aura of adorable around her, which makes her seem like an innocent child we have to protect.

We all sat on the white couches in the lounge sort of area, which was pathetically small, but huge considering we're on a bus. Charlotte and I sat on one couch, while Natalie and Rae sat on the other. Callie was on their laps, stretched out so her head was on Rae, and her legs were on Natalie. She was texting on her blackberry, but wouldn't tell us who.

"We're in Birmingham," Charlotte announced, and we all smiled. I can't wait to see the fans.

The bus stopped, and we were called down. I stood with my arms crossed over my chest, as far away from Louis as I could. He did the same, and we glared at each other from across the semicircle. Well, we weren't rivals for nothing.

"There are a lot of fans out there," Rob said, "And we got here a bit earlier than planned. We're giving you the choice: stay backstage, or go and say hi."

"Fans," all ten of us said at the same time, and Rob and Paul motioned for us to follow them.

Sure enough, there were hundreds of fans waiting outside the arena doors. There was an even mix of One Direction fans and Status Single fans, but just looking out at them, the Directioners seemed a bit more crazy.

I looked at some of the signs, and noticed "#1 Directioner" a lot. That's not too creative of a fan base name. Belieber is creative. Lovatic is creative. Stats - Status Single fan base - is creative.

"You call your fans 'stats'?" Louis mocked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Better than some," I shrugged, not wanting to argue in front of the fans.

We took a step towards the fence that kept the fans back, and I grinned from ear to ear. Simply holding their hands for a few seconds made their day, and I loved that I could make my gorgeous fans smile.

I took out my phone and took a few pictures, before signing some autographs.

As I was backing up, I felt someone's leg come into contact with mine, and a shocked scream came from behind me. I spun around to see that one of the fans had been tripped by my clumsy stupid self, and her bag had emptied on the ground.

"Oh, god! I'm so sorry!" she cried, even though I had been the one in the wrong.

"It's my fault, love," I said, helping her put her stuff in her bag. I noticed her phone had broken on impact, and guilt set in. I looked at the girl, who couldn't be older than twelve, before looking back at the damaged phone.

Before she could notice, I slipped the phone into my pocket and helped her to her feet.

"Thank you," she said, "I'm so sorry, Paris!"

"I told you, it's not your fault," I reminded her, and she nodded, before running off.

"Paris!" Rob called, and I hurried to catch up.

We walked into the backstage area, and then went for vocal exercises. Once we were in the quiet white room with the instructor, I pulled out the phone that the girl had dropped. it had a Status Single logo case, which was the same as the one on my phone.