Coffee?

Chapter Twenty-Two

Natalie's POV

I heard Louis curse Paris from downstairs, but I stayed where I was. I kept tracing over the black lines of Ryan's name, lost in my own thoughts.

I didn't want to think of that day anymore. All it does is make me upset, and I don't like being upset. But today, I'm allowed to think about it. As much as I hate it, I ALWAYS think about it.

I sighed, banishing the thoughts. I miss him a lot, but I'm sure Ryan wouldn't want me to be sad either. If he were here, he would want me to move on with my life, which is what I've been doing. I just wish I could be in Hampshire right now, so I could see him again. It's been so long...

"Nat?" I heard Zayn's voice call as he walked up the stairs. I looked up just as he was coming into view.

"Hey, Zayn," I sighed, "Happy Halloween."

"You don't seem too happy," he noticed as he sat down next to me. I shrugged, not giving him an answer.

"What's wrong?"

I looked up and saw that Zayn was genuinely concerned. His eyes showed more worry than any guy has ever really cared to show. It almost made me want to open up to him.

Almost.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I said convincingly. He gave me a hopeful smile, before looking down at his hands.

"Are you going to join the party downstairs?" he chuckled, and I shook my head.

"No, I'm good."

Zayn nodded and we were silent. I studied his face, the way his big brown eyes twitched to different things in the room, and the way he licked his lips every few minutes, as if he were nervous.

"Your eyes are amazing," I blurted, and they suddenly snapped to me. A smile twitched at the corners of Zayn's mouth. He suddenly reached his hand over and pushed a strand of hair that had fallen over the shaved section back onto the other side of my face.

"Would you...uh..." he hesitated, looking from me, to the ground, and then back up to me, "Would you maybe want to go out with me sometime?"

My mouth opened and closed like a fish, complete and utter shock probably clear on my face. I blinked, trying to comprehend what he just asked. All those times I stared at Callie and Niall in jealousy, all those times I wished for someone to ask me out, all those times Zayn's face popped into my head.

"Y-yes," I whispered, "I would love to go out with you."

Zayn grinned and grabbed my hand, "Let's go then!"

"What, now?" I gasped, but Zayn was already pulling me forwards. I just had time to grab my blackberry off the counter.

"Going out! We'll be back in an hour!" Zayn called as we passed the others. They raised their eyebrows, but we were outside before they could question us.

"You know, to some, this would seem rather desperate!" I teased as Zayn pulled me down the pavement.

"It's not not desperation, Nat. It's manly excitement," he corrected, and I laughed.

Zayn lead me inside a small coffee shop just down the street. I smiled at how quaint the little cafe was. It was almost like Starbucks, except not as busy.

I ordered a coffee, and sat down in a seat by the window. Just as Zayn was sitting down in the seat across from me, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyways.

"Hello?"

"Paris?" I heard Taylor Swift's familiar voice on the other end of the line, "Are you sick or something? You sound different."

"No, this is Natalie. You have the wrong number," I told her.

"No, you must have the wrong phone. This is the same number I always call when I want to talk to Paris," Taylor snapped.

"Sorry, Taylor. We have the same phone."

"I'm sorry, Natalie. I didn't mean to sound harsh. I just really need to talk to Paris. Guy troubles, you know?"

"Sure," I sighed, "Just call my phone and she should answer."

"Thanks, Nat! Have a good day!"

I hung up and looked out the window at the black sky, dotted with stars. Sure, Taylor. I'll have a brilliant day.

"You okay?" Zayn questioned, and I nodded.

"Ya, I just grabbed Paris' phone by mistake."

"And, you haven't messed with her yet?"

My eyes lit up and I took the phone out again. I laughed at the screensaver, which was a picture of Louis that Rae had took of Paris yanking his trousers down.

I showed the picture to Zayn, and he laughed as well, "That's funny. Louis' laptop screen is a picture of Paris when she fell off the stage that one time."

I nodded, remembering the moment clearly. Paris was mortified, but Louis was jumping up and down as if it was Christmas.

I went onto Paris' twitter and tweeted embarrassing/untrue stories and statements. Zayn joined me, and within the next twenty minutes, we had tweeted about 80 times.

I saw a tweet on Paris' news feed, which was obviously her, because it said it was me.

*@natalie_reese: I hate you so much Nat! -Paris*

"You know she's going to kill you, right?" Zayn questioned, and I grinned.

"At least I'll have you on my side, right?"

"'Till the end."

______________________________________________________

AWWWW!!!! i love this chapter.

All 5 of these kind of chapters.

THERE YOU GO, ZATALIE SHIPPERS! You're welcome!!!!

I'm sorry to any swifties out there, but that WAS a bit of a Taylor Swift burn. BAZINGA!

I love you all! Thank yous for reading! please comment whatcha think about Zatalie!

HAVE A GOOD FR1DAY!

-KitCat