Chapter 35

I didn't bother to hide it anymore. I took a peek at athanasia's reaction and she seemed a bit surprised but relieved. WHich ended up surprising me more than her HUH. 

     "I've never heard that language before." Lucas commented before looking to the large rounded entrance that just opened in front of us. 

     "Why did that open just now?" I asked cautiously bending my knees a bit. 

     "I'm guessing the minutes to where that creature will come are up," Athanasia responded looking grave. 

       Lucas nodded, "be prepared, but don't worry too much." He was a bit too casual at this moment. 

     THUD! the ground shook as if an earthquake had started and I lost my footing and nearly fell. Lucas had grabbed Athanasia to make sure she didn't fall and was now holding her arm. He still looked very very nonchalant. 

    "RAAAAAAWWWWRRR" a gigantic beast on all fours with feet similar to that of an elephant loudly clamored onto the coliseum ground. It had grotesque plates of armor and horns all over it's back. There were large unrestrained wings littered on it's head and back. Truly an abomination of nature. The world tree was no joke when it came to defense... wow ... 

Lucas was silent as he examined the almost 1,000ft tall creature. He sighed depressedly, "that damn tree is so uncreative with it's monsters. I told it to be better about it the next time I visit." HA! I nearly collapsed from his comment itself. 

    Another earthquake occured as the creature once again started moving towards us. I grew angry with the shaking and quickly implanted a flying spell onto me. It allowed me to fly off the shaky unstable ground and get close to the beast by my own will. Lucas did similar magic but he had grabbed Athanasia who was struggling to repeat the spanish. 

   "I knew I should've taken the spanish course in highschool..." She fumbled as lucas princess carried her. 

    After failing a couple more times, she finally got the pronunciation right and started flying by herself. Somehow, I felt very proud of my daughter. 

     Lucas grinned, "Good, good, now lets-" He was cut off as the creature swung at him with it's tail. Lucas quickly dodged this sudden attack but he looked more annoyed than relieved. 

   "What are we waiting for? Attack that thing!" Lucas yelled before conjuring up a fireball above him. I quickly dodged another attack by the creature's tail and ran up it to reach the creature's back. The fireball Lucas was conjuring hit the creature just at this moment. It croaked in pain and went on two feet for a moment. I nearly fell off but I grabbed onto his horns. 

    Quietly I muttered an ancient spell, I've actually never tried this before but I guess it's time to try. 

      "...venga la espada de luz" I muttered as the atmosphere around me became dark and a distant light shined from the hand that was not holding the horn. I heard a distant gasp as I felt a light handle slowly manifesting in my warm palms. I looked back a great white blade made up of a bluish white light was in my hands. I smirked at the sight. I am very talented.

      Carefully, I used my arms and hands to jump over back on the creature's back. I panted before standing upright. The creature noticed the sudden light and pressure on his back. At which his wings turned inwards to flap me away. I nearly flew away but I stabbed the sword right into his back and clinged. Athanasia stared at the creature in disgust before yelling, "Unnie, I have an idea! When I signal you, take the sword out!" 

     I nodded and I watched her suddenly whisper something to lucas who conjured up a large greatsword. The sword swung at the creature's wings before chopping them off therefore stopping the wind keeping me down. However, this did not last for a while as the wings grew back almost immediately. 

      "Damn," Lucas commented.

     "Tch," I heard athanasia mutter before gathering fire in her irratation and throwing it right at the wings that were still growing yet flapping still. The wings were set ablaze and the creature went into panic mode. At this moment I knew what words would come next. 

     "UNNIE! NOW!" Athanasia yelled. 

    AT that moment i swug myself over and grabbed the sword before running towards the head and violently giving it one last stab. There was a distant light and I felt lucas quickly grab my hand to get me out of the vicinity. 

    I could barely see anything because of the light and more or less I only heard the screams of the monster as I was being dragged away. 

    When the world came back to focus, I was on the ground of the collusium opening my eyes to a dazed Athanasia and a lucas who looked impatient. 

    He noticed me, "Oh- one of you finally got out of that state." 

      "what?" I asked rubbing my eyes a little. 

     "Once that creature was killed, it let out a light that makes the people who see it into-" he pointed at athanasia's still dazed face. 

    "Will she be okay?" I asked running to her side. He sighed, "yeah but I don't know when she'll wake up." 

    I silently stared at her face before holding my hand out to lucas, "Hey- can you like put some water on my hand?" 

      "Water? what for?" He asked. I knowingly smiled. He looked hesitant but he used his magic to make my hand wet. At which I slapped Athanasia's cheek. 

     "OI-! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU-" Lucas screamed. 

     Athanasia's dazed eyes went away.  she looked around confused just as I was. 

  "Huh how'd you do that?" lucas asked now thoroughly confused. 

    "The reason I woke up, i realized, was because you had nearly fallen asleep waiting for us and accidentally spilled your drool on my arm." I smiled. 

    "The hell, how'd you get that so fast?" Lucas asked. 

    "It was a theory- i just was gonna test it and it worked..." I muttered as I looked down at him. Both of these two... grown people in the body of children tf... I walked ahead of them and looked back, "Let's- let's just go now." 

      "Oh! the bars to the exist are open now!" Athanasia said happily. 

      "Don't get too relieved," Lucas commented walking forward. 

     "I wont, you're so pessimistic and for what?" Athanasia commented following him. Silently he grabbed Athanasia's hand and for some reason, Athanasia didn't blink an eye. I smiled, I liked seeing it. 

    I still had the sword in my hand after all of that and I realized it wouldn't disappear so I conjured a sheath and put it in before following the two out of the coliseum. 

.