Chapter 27

"You've been living very comfortably recently haven't you?" Nacho muttered looking at me. 

    I was sprawled across my bed eating snacks. Of course, I was. Yesterday Athanasia and I had our escape plan completely done. We decided that Athanasia would steal some expensive items from her room and escape the castle walls through a specific route which we found after some exploring. It was convenient that there was a lower part of the castle walls that could be scaled by a 14-year-old. Well not exactly, to scale it you would need some of my magic since there was a magic seal there that acted similarly to electric fencing. 

So we decided the day before the escape, I would enchant Athanasia with my magic so she could scale the wall. After she scaled the wall, she would meet me who would be near the wall but hidden behind forestry and concealed with magic. I would approach her and then I would use my magic to change our appearances and we would then escape farther from the capital. 

At least until we can find out a proper cure for Claude, we even planned fake names and such. 

But my worry didn't rest. I had a haunting feeling that something was going to go wrong. I don't really know what it is, I'm sure its just because I'm nervous. 

I won't rely on a strange feeling that isn't grounded in facts. 

I was told by Athanasia that Lucas had left already, I wish I could've made him stay a little while longer so he could maybe prevent the whole ordeal but I didn't have any way to meet him and I couldn't ask Athanasia either. If lucas already left that means the event is coming soon.. 

    I arrived at the palace the next day so I could meet with Athanasia. I was walking towards her room in the hallway when I heard a voice from behind me. 

     "You've been meeting Athanasia quite a lot recently haven't you ?" It was Claude. 

      I looked behind me, my ears became red almost immediately. So pretty so pretty,,,, 

        "Yes..." I muttered looking away from him. Istg if I keep looking at him I'm going to forget the reason I came here in the first place. AHsdgsahdhashs 

       "..." I heard footsteps come nearer to me, "Nicolette..." 

       My eyes were directed exactly to the floor as Claude gently got closer to me. He slowly touched my hand with his before holding it. 

       "W-What are you-" I nearly screamed. 

        "You didn't get embarrassed at all when you were telling me you loved me but now you're bright red," He commented before moving his face closer to mine. AGHHHHHHH BRUH is it happening ? is it really happening ? 

        I closed my eyes. I felt his soft voice on my ears. 

       "Nicolette, do you know why I'm doing this?" 

         I gulped, I know but to hear it from his own mouth I need to say- 

      "No..." 

        "It's because.." He whispered, "I love you." 

          My mind went blank. It felt like a rush of wind was cascading through my body. HE SAID IT! My hands trembled with happiness. I'm so happy in this moment I think I could cry.