Chapter 28

I heard coughing. It was soft and gentle but I could hear it. I looked down at the sleeping Athanasia who began to slowly twitch her eyes and cough. My eyes were wide as I stared at her. Slowly her eyes began to open. AHHHH! I stood up from my seat immediatly and called lily and felix. 

    "Princess!" Lily called as she ran to Athanasia's bedside. Her eyes tiredly opened to look up at our worried faces, "Oh thank god I was so worried, princess" Lily had started crying. Felix stood behind Lily. 

       "Athanasia are you alright?" I asked trying to keep myself sounding as calm and reassuring as possible. 

      She didn't speak for a good long second as lily started to pick her up a bit. 

     "How long was I out for Nicolette?" she asked. She's such an outright person, asking that instead of something like "what happened" or "am i okay?" I looked down. Such  a mature person, were you like this in your first life too? it made me sad thinking about it. 

       "Almost a month.." I replied.  

       "Almost a month? is there an exact number?" she asked blinking trying to get herself to wake up more. 

       "a bit more than 12 days" I said. 

        "Did lucas return?" she asked. everyone was silent. he hasn't been back since he left. 

      "Where's dad?" she asked. 

       I stayed silent, "His majesty is..."

      "Princess! Wait!" Lily called after the Athanasia who was struggling to get to Claude's room. 

       "Athanasia, you've just woken up, it'd be best if you'd stay in bed for now-" I said slowly reaching for her hand.

   "Papa... I need to see.." she muttered, "How could he have.." 

        "Athanasia, calm down," I said slowly crouching down towards her, "we've prepared for so long, Athanasia, calm down and we'll go see him together." She looked up at me. 

         Her eyes widened with desperation, "Does that mean-" She's realized.  Alright Angelina, calm, calm. I am calm. 

"Lilian, can you go fetch the princess some water and Felix can you help the princess onto the chair over there" I pointed. Lilian nodded before running to fetch water. Felix carefully placed Athanasia onto the chair. 

     Lilian placed the glass of water into Athanasia's hands. I crouched down to patiently stare at her until she gulped all of it down. 

       "Are you feeling better?" I asked. 

       "Much.. Thank you Nicolette." She replied looking down at her empty bottle. I smiled gently, its been a while since I've seen her awake. 

      "Then lets go see your father." I finally said as I lent my hand to her and she grabbed it. I haven't gone to his room since the first week he became unconscious. 

          I slowly opened the door to his room Athanasia in hand and lily and felix behind us. 

         When Athanasia actually saw the unconcious claude she became as stiff as ice. Her hand started to become cold and her eyes wide. I held her hand a little tighter. He's going to wake up now and he isn't.. going to.. remember me. My eyes were warming up. You can't cry yet. Not before he even wakes up. Maybe it won't happen. Maybe he'll wake up and remember everything and the webtoon was all false and everything will be fine. 

     Please. 

"What is this?" 

I flinched. 

      "Who are you?" 

I'm so naive.