Chapter 15

As Claude carefully picked Athanasia up after Athanasia ran to him. 

"Are you still feeling sick?" Claude asked her. She shook her head no. It looks like he came to the same conclusion as me. I got up from my crouching position. 

     "There won't be any side effects?" Claude asked another person I hadn't noticed in the room. I quickly averted my eyes to the figure. I watched a long black haired young boy cough furiously before looking up innocently. 

         "Ah, it seems that I may have used up almost all my magic power to heal the princess.." He said innocently. Lucas, I forgot he was here even though Lucas is best boy. 

     "Certainly you deserve praise for your hard work," Claude said, " Of course that will come after we confirm the princess is fully recovered." 

     He made an innocent cute face with tears in his red eyes. 

     "I beg your pardon your majesty but the princess is not completely healed," Lucas said innocently.

     Athanasia looked hilariously confused. "What do you mean, shes not completely healed?" 

        "I beg your forgiveness. I am still but a boy in training and I was not able to stabilize the princess' mana completely. But the worst has passed and her mana will slowly be returning to it's place now... Kegh-" He started coughing again. I know it's all an act but I'm kinda worried. 

       "This sort of thing may happen a few more times in the- Kegh- future. But I'll make sure when that happens... I'll sacrafice my body to help the princess- ugh kegh uph-" He started coughing again. Felix ran to him and tried to help him. Athanasia looked confused. 

     "Your majesty, I think it'd be best to give the young magician some rest first. We can hear the details later. It seems he has exhausted himself," I suggested to Claude. He looked at me for a few seconds in silence before closing his eyes. 

     "Very well," 

       Felix slowly guided Lucas out of the door. Yeah I'm kinda worried. I spotted him giving a grin to Athanasia. I couldn't help but feel a sudden urge to laugh. So i just smiled and looked away. Suddenly the doors opened and lily came in crying. 

      "Princess! I finally get to see you again- I-I'm so..." her eyes were filled with tears as she cried infront of Athanasia. 

     "for the past month i thought I might never get to see you again!!" Lily yelled. 

      "A month?" Athanasia asked. Lily nodded. 

      She looked confused and panicked and weirded out. 

     The next day, Athanasia now had a companion in the form of Lucas!! I passed him as he was walking to Athanasia's room. I smiled politely as he walked by. He w

      "Is this place just filled with people like that girl?" He muttered looking up at me.  hUh? how did he-.. 

       "But.." He muttered as he suddenly smiled, "It's interesting because you have that thing huh?" For some odd reason, I felt oddly hostile when he said those words. Like he was trying to provoke me. 

       I glared menacingly at him as I looked down at him. It was the first time I was ever rude to someone here besides Nacho.  

       "You must like birds," He smirked as he kept walking. I turned my head to watch him slowly disappear from my sight.