Chapter 20

I stared at Athanasia's face as she ate her cake during our tea time in the garden. She looks like a chipmunk. No maybe more on the lines of a squirrel. As usual she's cheery. I was going to have our tea time inside but she insisted on it being outside. She's getting bolder and bolder as the years pass. Years passing...huh?

Nicolette, I wonder where you are. You said you wouldn't leave me but in the end you did. Surprisingly it reminds me of Diana. I narrowed my eyes as the summer breeze blew in my face. Where in the world are you? How long are you going to make me wait? Will you ever come back? Even after 7 years my hope hasn't died down.. I wonder why. I wish I could find all the answers but in the end I'm left in the dark.

I miss.... your voice.

POP

When I looked up, there she was. Nicolette. It was like time stopped for a split second. I widened my eyes. White silky hair and crystal blue eyes, with a blue dress. Her eyes were as wide as mine. I quickly caught her before she fell to the ground. It was like we were meant to meet again.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
CLAUDE! He caught me quickly as I fell. WOAH DAMN! If he didn't catch me I woulda fallen on the table and probably smacked my head. I stared at him. It's been 7 years since I last saw him. He looks.... THE SAME! Maybe a little prettier? I can't tell because he was pretty from the beginning.

I blushed as he slowly put me to the grassy floor. It's been quite a while... he was still in shock and stared in silence at me for five seconds.

"Am I dreaming?" He asked.

"Am I that pretty that you'd think I was a dream?" I asked jokingly.

"Yes," he said as he grabbed my hand gently. I was kinda shocked. I was expecting a usual response of brushing that kind of joke off. I blushed a little.

"Well... it's not so," I looked up at him with a smile, "It's been 7 years since you last saw me aren't you supposed to be more excited?"

He started blinking before finally taking in his situation properly.

"You.." he walked towards me before hugging me, "Where on earth did you leave to? Was it more important than me?"

"No, it was for you," I replied blushing severely from his hug. When beautiful people LIKE CLAUDE even so touch you it's just so natural to start blushing.

"For me?" He asked, he looked confused. Of course he would be. I mean he doesn't even know the full situation.

I looked around and spotted Athanasia who seemed to still be in shock at the table staring at me. I slowly walked to her. For some reason I'm more nervous to talk to her again than I am with Claude. She grew up.. she doesn't look like the small little girl I knew 7 years ago. She looks taller. She got up from her chair and stood staring at me. She was taller.
It was so awkward between us because it's been 7 years. Claude is still the same but I'm sure Athanasia must've changed and she probably resents me at most. I looked down as I kept walking towards her until I reached her fully. She stared at me. For some reason I felt tears in my eyes. I wanted to see both of you for so long and I finally get to see you two but the words won't come out properly.

"...Princess," I muttered. Her jeweled eyes looked watery. As the tears started to drip down her face I carefully wiped them off.

"I'm sorry for leaving you," I said. Suddenly she hugged me.

"How could you," she muttered under her breath. I'm back. I'm back to... I looked back at claude who was smiling. Even though his smile happens so rarely that when he does smile it's a bad omen,,, I'm happy to be back. To be back... home

.