Chapter 5

"I wasn't told you couldn't talk..." he muttered to her.

Realizing this, Athy quickly chirped, "Uh Athy can talk.."
"Athy? Must be a pet name." He muttered to himself.

"Why didn't you speak before?" He asked.
Felix quickly replied, "Your Majesty, Girls at the princess's age are very uh how to say this uh shy?"
He looked at him with disgust and confusion.

     I quietly wandered my eyes from their talk. I'm not exactly sure why but, I feel a bit jealous. For the last five years, I've been trying to make Claude fall in love with me and forget Diana, but... Athanasia is basically an exact replica of mini Diana... 

      I'm worried, maybe my hard work will be for nothing and he'll start to remember Diana again.. 

    My stomach felt uneasy by the thought. DARNIT! CLAUDE BE MINE ALREADY YOU HANDSOME BEAST!!! 

         "Nicolette." Claude suddenly said. 

         "¡¿qué?!" I blurted, 

    EH? What Did I just blurt out? SPanish?! AT THIS TIME?! 

      "What did you just say?" Claude asked. 

     Felix also stared at me in confusion. Of course these people wouldn't know spanish! but the look on Athanasia's face was not of the same confusion as the other two but shock. Shock not at the words but at me. As if she was surprised I said it. 

      OH but of course! AThanasia is from my original world, though the world is different than mine, the cultures are the same! 

       It must be shocking to hear spanish in a european styled setting! 

         "It's a language from the southwest, where I'm from.." I decided. Claude tilted his head. 

      "What country is that?" He asked. 

      "UHH-" I stuttered. THink Angelina Think! Did you ever see a map?! Yes! I did once! In the last five years and in the webtoon during a episode of the golden map on claude's bedroom! I don't have the best memory but I do have memory magic! 

      THink! What country has some sort of spanish influence?! ANy kind come on! Espaniolia! 

      "Espaniolia," I replied.

       "My, Miss Nicolette, thats a long way from here, across the sea even!" Felix remarked. 

         "Yes..." I muttered. I was hoping it would be close by to make it more believable but I was just thinking of the names!! 

          "You're so fluent in this language that I didn't even think you'd be from there," Claude said before turning back around to Athanasia. She seemed a bit more relieved. 

      He stared at her. 

 "Are you going to eat? I told them to prepare something a child would like-" Claude said

She seemed hesitant. 

"If you don't eat it, I'll have no choice but to punish the cook-" He said with a terrifying look. 

"Thank you for the food!" She yelled as she grabbed a spoon. 

Ahh, she seems uncomfortable. I'm sorry for your pain, I will pray for you.. 

     She slowly ate it.

"Yummy!" She said, she seemed like she was forced to say it. HAaaaaah... 

There was some silence as Claude stared at her. 

"Who taught you your manners?" He asked her. 

"Lily." She replied. 

"I see, you are talking about Lilian York." He commented. 

She looked startled. 

"Five years ago she stepped in front of me requesting she be allowed to take care of you." Claude spoke, "I guess that lady is still with you," 

Athy looked somewhat touched by his words. 

"She also took charge of ruby palace." 

Athy looked happy. 

"How dare she. The only people who survived after getting in my way was her, your mother and," He pointed behind him at me, "Nicolette." 

Well, I'm sorry for getting in your way. 

She looked down terrified and silently munched on her cake. 

He waited. 

"As You sit are you aware of who I am?" He asked her. 

Her eyes widened and she dropped her fork on the table. She stared up at him, with terrified eyes. 

SHe's probbaly thinking this is a test to see if he should let her live longer or have her killed. Well, I can promise you that it won't happen. Haha! If he does it would mean my heartfelt speech never reached him and that can't possibly happen! I took that straight out of an anime I watched! 

      He tapped his finger on the table waiting in silence. 

"f-father?" She blurted. 

Claude tilted his head a little, I could see a little smile. 

She seemed shocked. 

"Uh Papa?" She asked nervously. 

His eyes widened. 

Suddenly a smile appeared on her face, 

"Papa!" 

She is like really pretty. Idk what Diana looked like but damn if Diana looked even half as pretty as Athanasia I would die. I smiled, Claude seems pleased. hehe! I wonder what I was worried about! 

"Nicolette." He called. 

I walked over to him and he whispered in my ear. AHHH! 

I blushed red! He said it! He said it! I smiled from ear to ear. 

"Will do." I replied. 

WHat a great day! Suddenly the thought of what he said to me came back to my mind. I could melt right now.

"Eh? Miss Nicolette? Your face is red!" Felix commented. 

"HAha! Don't mind don't mind!" I yelled.