Chapter 39

"We'll go through this dungeon area into the palace, after that," Athanasia moved her pointer finger along the corridor of the map, "We'll hastily move into dad's room here." 

     "With that... We'll use the world tree branch to help him?" I asked. Athanasia smiled, "Yes." 

      "Now that we got a plan sorted out, let's do it tomorrow night-" Lucas yawned, "we should go play in town until then!!!!!!!" 

      "So Childish, didn't you say you were an adult?" Athanasia reprimanded him. 

      "Not like you're any different," Lucas replied.  bruh they're arguing like Damita's parents. 

      "Here," Lucas threw cotton candy into athanasia's hands. 

      "Woah-" She looked at it, "this reminds me of that time you took me out last time." 

      "You remember that? I feel like it was such a long time ago...." Lucas laughed. 

      Athanasia smiled warmly, "Of course I do, It was the most fun I had in a long time." 

     Lucas suddenly blushed and looked away. HA! 

     I took my own cotton candy and we preceded to walk around the market once again. We grabbed all sorts of treats before finding a nice public flower garden to rest in. 

        Silently, I sat on the bench eating while those two decided to take a walk around the garden together. It's been a while since I've been allowed to be this carefree. A nice cold breeze flew through my silver hair. I finished eating my crepe and decided this peaceful experience should be taken in. Something told me the night was going to be a hard one. 

....

     I breathed out, watching the smokey breathe come out. My hands felt a bit chilly going outside in the night. 

      "Woah... it's colder than it was in the day." Athanasia commented closing the door behind her. 

       "Of course it is, It's nearing Autumn afterall," Lucas replied going down the steps of the inn. 

      "I didn't realize it'd be this cold though, If I had then I would've worn a jacket." 

       "that's why I told you to but you didn't listen to me!" Lucas said irritated. 

        I heard Athanasia sigh before following him down. In their lead, I followed behind them. We would be going through the secret route into the palace dungeon. 

    After reaching far into the forest behind the capitol, Lucas lead us to a cave ground that was hidden undreath the trees. The only thing lighting the forest up was the blue moonlight lighting the grass and stone. Lucas patted the stone of the cave before turning to us with a cheeky smile. 

     "Well would you look at that! I knew I would remember where it was!" Lucas grinned. 

       Athanasia nodded, "I was worried you were lost, but I guess I was just worried." 

       Silently, Athanasia put up the hood of her coat and went inside the cave. Lucas and I carefully followed in her lead with our hoods up. The cave was dark, immensily dark, I could barely see anything at all. I had a great sense of fear until I heard a sudden, "Unnie!"