Chapter Eighteen

Cassandra's POV

"Where are you going?" Brooke asked for the thousandth time.

"I can't tell you." I repeated for the thousandth time.

"I'm as much a part of SHIELD as you are." She argued, for once taking a straight on approach.

"Exactly, so you know why I can't tell you." I said without thinking as I zipped closed my large black suitcase stuffed with any clothes I might need. I walked towards my dresser and started neatly packing away all of my weapons in the case I had made for them, it looked like any other large suitcase.

"No one is going to-"

"But I don't know that for sure." I interrupted, not wanting to think about her being compromised. "I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"Of course you don't, but think about it if the situation was reversed." Brooke half pleaded.

"I'd understand and you know it." I said, knowing it was the truth. I'd never even ask her, I wouldn't make her tell me no. I wouldn't put her in the position to spend her last few hours at home arguing with me.

"How long are you going to be gone again?" She asked, her voice melting away to almost nothing as she spoke.

"Two months at least." I repeated, zipping my weapons bag closed finally. "What should I put in my carry on?"

"'Carry on'? You're flying?" Brooke asked, rightfully surprised. If SHIELD flys, Natasha is the pilot. Not this time though..

"Yeah, Coach. Ridin in style." I said, playfully throwing on sunglasses and moving my arms like a 'Thug.'

Brooke laughed and stood to help me, "Alright, playa."

I smiled and shook my head, moving on. "Definitely my phone and the case file that I don't have yet."

It was customary for your driver to give you the file. Brooke nodded, "Of course your laptop and headphones."

"True." After a few seconds of staring at the black matching carry on bag I put it on the floor saying, "I'll just make my laptop bag my carry on. It'll be easier."

"True." She asked, "So how long do you really think you'll be gone? You're packing like it's a vacation combined with a war."

"Speaking of which." I went into the bathroom and into my side of the vanity, pulling the stocked first aid kit from behind the sink pipe.

Bruce had put together this first aid kit for SHIELD when he first started there, but he's changed some things since. Inside was everything you might need that's not easily found. So instead of bandages there was a little vial that read 'speed healing' and instead of aspirin there was a vial that read 'Nothing'. Honestly never used that last one, but Bruce said you can only use it when you're in a lot of pain but you have to basically go to war. He said if you don't do a lot of physical activity soon after taking it, something about it messing with your head.

"To the office?" Brooke asked. I had put the first aid kit into my bag at the bottom after taking out the metal syringes, it's not like I wouldn't be able to find more.

"One last thing." I said, hopping up to stand on the couch so I could reach our 'nightstand' and get Nadia's earpiece. I left it off though and slipped it into my jacket pocket.

Once in the office I quickly threw my laptop into it's bag along with the charger and my headphones. I glanced over at the wall plug but Brooke was already handing me my phone charger. I smiled as I took it from her, stuffing it into the front zipper pouch as well. As a last thought I emptied out my desk and put all my paperwork (Even the most irrelevant) into the wall safe behind my Starry Starry Night painting.