Chapter Fifteen

OKAY, so I apologize for not posting this yesterday.

Cassandra's POV

"What do you think about this color?" I asked, picking up a really pretty blue. When I read the color it was Palatinate Blue.

Brooke pursed her lips when I held it up, asking, "Could you see our room painted in that?"

I looked at it again and sighed, "Nope, too bright."

"Cass! Look at this one, it's so pretty!" Brooke exclaimed, walking over with a strip of blue shades.

"(Pic on the side) Ultramarine is a good choice, it will play off the dark wood furniture and white curtains well." Drake said, leaning towards us over the table where all the shades were laid out.

I shrugged and said, "If you're sure."

Brooke smiled at me and held the strip out to Drake, who took it eagerly. Drake was Tony's go to guy for any kind of design, fashion or remodeling. He's also the one who's going to make my dress for the red carpet debut of a new restaurant downtown, a week from now.

Drake said, "Well, I believe that should just about do it. We'll start with the furniture tomorrow. Right now though I need to run something by you."

"What about?" I asked, setting my hands on my hips as Brooke looked over the blue prints for the hundredth time.

"Are you sure the dress has to be black?" Drake asked, pulling his sketch pad out of his bright yellow messenger bag.

"Why are you so insistent on color?" I asked. He'd probably asked me that four times already.

"Because it's my job to make you a sexy little chica." He said, his voice playful and teasing.<

I smiled but said, "I don't need to be 'a sexy little chica', I just need to fade into the background so all the focus is on Dad."

"That's why you don't want color?" Drake asked, looking at me seriously.

I nodded, "Besides I'm only nine, I shouldn't be sexy at all."

Drake sighed and said, "I know that, and so does everyone else for normal circumstances. Unfortunately in today's society, if you're on a red carpet and on camera, people expect you to be sexy."

"That's sad and I'd rather go in a suit." I told him seriously.

Drake shrugged, "Sorry but I can't do that, and now that I know the reason why, I can't make the dress black either. So what's your favorite dress color?"

I sighed and started thinking out loud, "Well, the owner is a personal friend of Dad's, he even said he's got a corner of the restaurant completely dedicated to Iron Man, and now me too apparently."

"Wow, that good of a friend?" Drake asked, sitting down on the couch.

I shrugged and walked back to my desk, leaning against it with my arms crossed, "Apparently Dad saved his life and then, since his store was completely obliterated in the fight, got his restaurant back up and running. Now he's upgrading."

"Okay, so what color?" Drake asked, steering the conversation back to the point.

I smiled slightly and said sarcastically, "Red and gold."

"Perfect." Drake said standing.

"Wait no! I was just being sarcastic!" I exclaimed, standing straight as well.

Drake smiled and said, "Sorry I guess I didn't hear that. Now you'll just have to deal with it."

"Drake!" I exclaimed, visibly fuming.