Chapter One

Agent 8 POV

I laid on my bed at the New York SHIELD base, reading. It wasn't anything special or important, just something to get my mind off the last mission I went on. It was a search and rescue, my team and I could only save four of ten.

I pushed the memory out of my head quickly just as I heard a knock at my door. I stood quickly and opened it, finding a person in a SHIELD uniform. He said, "Fury wants you at the landing deck in five minutes, pack a bag for at least a week."

I nodded and closed my door, just like always. Someone showed up, told me what I was to do, and I did it. No questions asked, partly because I wouldn't, I wont talk.

Anyway, I packed easily, making sure I had my two suits and some normal clothes. I redid my long dark brown hair back into a ponytail and slipped on my normal black sunglasses. I had on a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain black top.

I grabbed my bag and swung it up on my shoulders, it was my favorite backpack. I grabbed my tote bag and held it loosely as I walked out of my room. I made my way to the landing deck easily enough. See my tote bag held my guns, five of them, my three holsters and at least ten extra clips.

I only stood on the deck for a few minutes before a jet touched down. Natasha jumped out and walked towards me. She asked, "You ready to go?"

I nodded and walked with her back to the jet. I sat in the co-pilot seat and put my stuff in the back. She asked, "I'm guessing you don't know what this is about?"

I shook my head no and she sighed. She said, "You'll be better informed by Fury, but I really don't want to throw you to the wolves. You'll be joining a team and helping with an extremely dangerous mission."

I gave her a look and she smiled a little nodding, "Yeah I know, but this one is much worse than normal. The world is in danger."

I nodded and sat back in my seat, going through my tote and cleaning my guns, just to pass time. She said, "Still love those guns I see."

I nodded, but continued. The flight wasn't really quick, but I wasted time messing around with my guns. I cleaned them all, checked they were all loaded, and made sure I had at least an extra clip for each. Natasha said, "Sit back, we're landing."

I rolled my eyes at her and she gave a small laugh. I put the gun in my hand away and pulled the one from the small of my back. I checked the clip and saw it was full. I easily slipped it back in it's rightful place as we landed. Natasha jumped up and out while I grabbed my backpack.

When I joined her she said, "Sorry about this, but Fury wants you in the meeting room now. We can have someone drop off your stuff in your usual room."

She led me through the familiar halls of the Hellicarrier, I always like it here. For one, anyone that wasn't absolutely necessary wasn't on board, so there were less people. Natasha stopped suddenly and I almost ran into her. She asked, "Agent Crossing, would you please take Agent 8's belongings to her usual room?"

"Of course Natasha." She turned towards me and said, "Welcome back Agent 8."

I nodded and handed her my backpack. She reached for my tote and I took a step away from her. Natasha said, "Agent 8, why don't you go ahead and take your guns and give her the tote?"

I glared at her slightly, but seeing she was right, I handed Natasha the tote. She held one handle so it was open for me. I clipped on my holster quickly and slipped my three guns into it. I strapped on both of my thigh holsters and slipped my other two guns into them. I took two extra clips for the ones at my sides and slipped them into their places on my holster.