Chapter Two

Cassandra's POV

"How are you?" I asked softly, sitting down next to Dad.

"I don't know, but I'm glad to have you back." He said, hugging me tightly. "You've grown up so much."

"It's because of the aging thing. I reached eighteen when I was around fifteen and I haven't aged since."

"Cass? Where are we?" Natasha asked.

"We, are almost there." I said with a slight pause as I got up to look around.

"How can you tell?" Clint asked, he was in the co-pilot seat.

"I've flown all around here, I know what it looks like from the sky." I said simply. I pointed out and said, "You see that little house?"

"What? What house?" Clint asked.

"Just wait for a few more minutes, you'll be able to see it. You can land a few meters away." I told him, clapping him on the shoulder before going to start getting all our bags ready. I asked dad, "So what did you guys do anyway?"

"Made an AI, said AI decided that we were whats wrong in the world. He tried tearing us apart and making the world hate us, which he succeeded in. We went into hiding, found out that Clint's mom takes care of their kid that we didn't know about. Banned together at the last second and saved a shit ton of people." He explained while helping me.

"So why aren't you guys still saving the world?" I asked, pausing for a moment.

"Because now we have to see if they still want us to or not. The National Defense board might order us all to be killed, or worse. Fury's supposed to meet with them soon." Steve explained, coming out of the back room.

I pulled the last bag down off the top rack, my black one, and sat down on it. Bruce asked, "So can you explain yet?"

"Lets get inside first, SHIELD has these things bugged to the max." I said.

"We're landing." Natasha said, easing the plane down.

I stood, grabbing my backpack and my small suitcase. The second I stepped out of the jet I smiled, this place was nothing like New York. The air smelt fresh, noise didn't invade your senses and you had the privacy to do anything you please. Well, at least at my house.

I turned towards the others as they grabbed their suitcases and exited the plane. I felt a hand on my shoulder when everyone's back was turned to me. I dropped my suitcase and wrapped the person up in my arms, "Brooke! I hope you weren't here long by yourself."

"Not long, besides, seeing everyone else was worth the wait." She said, hugging me back.

"Good." I said, finally setting her on her feet. I smiled at her as I threaded my hands through the hair around her neck, kissing her. Her hands instantly going to my hips.

She pulled away and said, "Let's get inside."

"Okay." I chirped, grabbing my bag in my left hand and Brooke's hand in my right. Leaving everyone behind, we walked towards my house. It was a quaint little house, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a spacious kitchen, cozy living room, a study and a basement. I knew the team would eventually come here though so the other bedroom has two futons in it and the living room has one as well.

"How is everyone? I mean, how are they taking everything?" Brooke asked.

"Not exactly sure. They mostly seem like they're handling it, but they're still processing it all." I said, dropping my bags on the couch. I smiled as I dove for her and wrapped her up in my arms again, slipping my hands into her back pockets.