Chapter Six

IMPORTANT INFORMATION DIRECTLY BELOW!!!!!

Okay so I made a few changes to the last couple of chapters and Agent Eight. I've made the mistake of calling Pepper Tony's girlfriend and even his wife a couple times, Pepper is NOT Tony's girlfriend or wife. They are NOT an item and they will NEVER be an item in these books.

Thank you for your time, you may carry on now :)

Cassandra's POV

"So what do we do?" I asked, seeing the huge crowd of paparazzi outside STARK Tower.

Tony didn't answer, he just parked on the street in front of the building, closest to the entrance. He stepped out and ignored everyone as he walked around to my side. He stooped and wrapped his arms around me, lifting me easily from the car. I wrapped my arm around his neck and buried my face into his chest, knowing for a fact everyone of them could see the bandage wrapped around my lower thigh that was spotted with red.

Tony stopped walking suddenly and I took a quick look to see that a news reporter had stepped in our way. "Anthony Stark the whole world is wondering, what happened to Agent Nine?"

"I'd appreciate it if you'd move, I need to get her inside and resting as soon as possible." Tony said, trying to step around him.

I felt the News reporter get closer, he got that close. He asked, "Oh my gosh, how did this happen?"

I felt his hand reach out towards my wound and Tony took a step backwards, keeping me out of his reach. "Do not touch my daughter."

"Look, we're all-"

"I really need you to move." Tony cut him off impatiently.

"If you would just-"

"Move."

After that all I felt was Tony walking forward, I heard Jarvis open the door for us and then the elevator doors. I clenched Tony's shirt in my hands and whimpered, "Tony."

"Shhh, as soon as we get upstairs I'll give you the next dose I promise." He said, squeezing me gently.

That was the bad thing about painkillers, when they wore off they wore off all at once. Tony kept his word though, as soon as he laid me down on the couch in the living room he got me a cup of water and handed me two little purple pills. Apparently now they color coat everything because of accidents that have happened in the past.

I slammed back the pills and half the water, setting the glass back down on the coffee table. I sighed and laid my head back, looking up at the bright white ceiling above me. I asked, "How can I be tired?"

"You know the answer to that." Tony said, crouching next to me. "Do you want me to take you to your room?"

I hesitantly shook my head and asked, "Can, can we go to your room?"

He smiled slightly but his eyes showed sadness as he stood and picked me up, walking down the hall and hanging a right before opening the door to his room. His room had a huge king size bed with a grey bedspread. He sat me down on the edge and turned to close the black curtains, they we're light blocking so it was really dark until he flipped on a bedside lamp. I moved myself so I was sitting with my back against his headboard and my legs under the covers. Tony sat next to me after kicking off his shoes.

We didn't say anything, we didn't really have to. We were both getting lost in our thoughts, a dangerous thing for us. For Tony it's because he could get lost in plans and blueprints for his next gadget or suit. For me because my mind drifts to old bad memories, only now I had fresh memories to reflect on that seemed to almost hurt worse.