Book 2 : Agent Nine

I am still posting the second book onto this! I will try to post every thursday or friday, but we'll see how it goes :)

Prologue

Cassandra's POV

I jumped to the next rooftop, doing a triple flip on the way and landing crouched. I called back, "Beat that!"

Then of course he did just that. Steve jumped from the next building, spinning while doing a back lay out. He landed crouched exactly how I had and smiled at me, I swear I saw his teeth sparkle, "Try again."

I felt a flare of anger as a first response, but smiled a second later. This was Steve, he was just messing with me. I set the next trick up in my mind an started running towards the next building, it was all the way across a street. Steve panicked and yelled at me but I just continued, I'd practiced this a million times....with Tony's help of course.

I flipped from the building to the lamp post, using the force to do a triple back flip to the low building across the street, it was a family business so it was tiny compared to the skyscrapers around it. I rolled so I wouldn't hurt anything and stood, waving to Steve and calling, "BEAT THAT RODGERS!!!"

I could see him fuming from even here, I'm sure to get yelled at this time. Steve backed up and took a few running steps forward before following my movements, just not adding any flips since he's never done it before. I took a few steps backwards as he landed in the exact place I had been standing. He stood and grabbed my arm in a tight hold, "That was dangerous Cass, you could've gotten hurt."

"But I knew I could do it, it's not like that was the first time. Tony's watched me practice millions of times to make sure I wouldn't get hurt." I told him, trying to pull my arm from his hold. I don't think he realized how tightly he was holding me, it was sure to bruise. I pulled again, "Steve, you're hurting me."

He released me instantly, "I'm sorry Cass, I was worried though."

I smiled up at him, not letting the pain in my arm show, "It's okay, I get it. But you have to know that I wouldn't do something like that if I wasn't absolutely sure I could pull it off."

He sighed, "I know. Come on, let's get home."

He put his hand on my shoulder and started heading towards the fire escape. We made it down the fire escape quickly, I landed first since I used the way Natasha showed me. I was grabbed from behind and a hand was over my mouth while the other was around my stomach holding me back. As soon as Steve Hit the ground another guy came out of the shadows across from me and shot Steve in the leg.

Steve fell to one knee and the guy raised the gun again. All my struggling and hitting finally paid off as I broke away from the guy holding me. I tackled the guy with the gun, knocking the gun out of his hands. Then there were two sets of hands on me, carrying me as I fought back with all my might. I heard a car door open and then I was pinned on what felt like carpet. I unclenched my eyes and found myself in a limo, pinned on the floor by the two guys.

I thrashed against them, but a sharp pain erupted in my head and then all I could see was black....