Book Three : Agent Sixteen

So I decided to keep the prologue and just tweak it a little bit, cause honestly, who wouldn't want to crash their own funeral?

Prologue

"Never thought I'd be crashing my own funeral." I said, looking over at Fury.

He smiled a little and said, "I'll admit, it does suit you."

"Well yeah, but I mean, they're already crying." I said, glancing over at Dad, Natasha and even Steve. Though Steve was silent, you could see Dad shaking with quiet tears, but Natasha was loudest as Clint tried to console her. After only a few seconds of looking at them I asked, "Can I please go now?"

"You don't want to hear everyone's speeches?" He asked, looking slightly down at me.

"Well yeah, but-"

"Then wait, they'll be fine, they've survived six years without you, they can wait another half hour." Fury said.

I glanced at the man conducting the ceremony and said, "I'll have to talk to my dad about this guy, 'cause he sure as hell is not going to be speaking at my real funeral."

"He is very boring, isn't he?" He asked rhetorically.

"Do you think they'll be mad at me?" I asked, looking up slightly at Fury. I had grown a lot in the last six years, but I still had to look up at him frustratingly enough.

"I know Natasha will be pissed, she might even hit you." He said, sounding like he was looking forward to it. "I can't believe it took the Russians six years to release your 'remains' to us. They wouldn't even confirm you 'dead' until last month."

"That sounds like them, very stubborn." I stated. The man finally finished and asked if anyone wanted to say any last words. I saw Dad get up first and I took in a deep breath, "Oh god, I think I'm going to cry."

"Stark took it the worst, but everyone was pretty shaken up." He said, also watching Dad.

Dad had gotten a little older, but you could only see it around his now red eyes. He seemed to not have changed a bit. He smiled slightly and said, "Well, at least now we know she's not invincible."

A small rippled went through the crowd, sounding like choked laughter. Dad's face fell though as he glanced back at the mahogany casket. I muttered, "He really spared no expense did he?"

"Did you expect him to?" The question needed no answer.

Dad seemed to try and collect himself and started again, "Cass, she was my daughter in every sense of the word, she means- meant, everything to me. I can't fathom what she probably went through before her d-, death, and I wouldn't want to. She knew what she was doing though, and we should all take comfort in the fact that she did what she did to protect us."

"I'm guessing you didn't tell anyone how I had changed?"

"No."

"Cass and Brooke were both amazing people, and I can't believe we've lost them both in the last year-" His voice cut off, he was visibly shaking. He shook his head and said, "I'm sorry I just-"

Bruce stood from his seat, he didn't look like he'd aged a single day, but that was probably due to the hulk. He wrapped an arm around Dad's back and bid gently, "Come on."

"I'm guessing Bruce is mainly the one that helped Dad?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm not sure how Banner put up with Stark all this time though. Something about 'Science Bros'." Fury explained.

"They're best friends, its what they do. Brooke always said-" My voice cut off and my eyebrows drew together as my mind drifted to the Brooke situation, but I was brought out of my thoughts as Steve stepped up in front of everyone next.