Chapter Sixteen

The video to the side is some of the furniture I'm trying to describe below, but overall failing to do so.

Cassandra's POV

"Okay, so just press your hand to the scanner." I told her nervously. Today was Brooke's birthday and the day I show her our room. I had her input for the structural things and the color scheme, but that was pretty much it. I had also made a huge change, on Drake's orders of course, and I'm really nervous about how she'll react.

Brooke turned to me and hugged me really quickly and really hard, "Thank you so much."

I smiled, knowing she was really thanking me for giving her somewhere to call home. Even though I wanted to say so much more I just offered a simple, "You should see it first."

She smiled at me and pressed her shaking hand to the scanner, making the door open after a few seconds. She walked in front of me, passing up the double doors that now led to our office and moving down the hallway to the very last door. The door was just as dark and elegant as our office doors, but there was a dry erase board secured on it with a little black marker in the clip on top of it.

She glanced at me before swinging the door open, automatically moving a few steps into the room. The walls were Ultramarine as promised and the carpet was white to offset all the darker colors. There were two dressers next to each other, one with my favorite guns laid out across the top and the other with Brooke's knives laid out across the top.

In the corner there was an entertainment center with a 60" flat screen 3D TV. In the several glass enclosed cabinets and compartments, Drake had stacked all kinds of movies and games for the gaming systems also surrounding the TV. Honestly, I've only ever played video games a few times with Brooke, so I had asked Dad to go and pick out a couple. He came back with like, four.

There were two doors on the far wall, in between the doors was a floor to ceiling bookcase with one of those old library ladders, the ones that role. The thing that was really bothering me though was that there was another ladder in our room, this one leading up to our bed that seemed to be floating in midair. The guys had built the platform for the bed right off the walls, it had to be in the corner for more support, it was a full bed. Neither one of us moved much in our sleep so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Our bedding was black and blue. The shelf the bed was on was the same color as the walls and underneath the bed was a black couch with blue pillows.

I asked, since Brooke had yet to comment yet, "You like it?"

She seemed to break out of her haze and jumped around like an idiot while she screamed, "No I freaking love it! Oh My Gosh This Is Our Room!!!"

I smiled hugely, not being able to help it, and grabbed her forearms to make her stop jumping, "Wait until you see what's behind door number one and two."

I walked over to the door that led to our closet and playfully took up a hosting voice, pulling open the door, "And behind door number two we have a beautiful walk in closet! This amazing closet has two different shelving units and two different hanging racks. In the middle there is a square standing unit that holds all of our dresses. And of course if your wondering, we both now have all new wardrobes courtesy of Drake and my Dad's credit card!"

"So you let him pay?" She asked playfully after a few minutes, honestly we were both pretty bad at reaching to things.

"Had to, he said he'd disown me." I joked. I smiled as she laughed and then closed the door, moving to the next one. "And now for door number two."

"Please don't do that again." She sighed, struggling to keep a smile from her face.

"You know you love it, don't even try and hide it." I said. Not even waiting for her to reply I pulled open the door to our bathroom and pushed her inside.