Chapter Thirteen

Cassandra's POV

"Brooke?" I asked, just barely above a whisper.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Why are you staying with me?" We were sitting back to back, I was on Steve's right knee and she was on Bruce's left knee.

I felt her shrug before she said, "I couldn't just leave you here, I know what happened last time."

"You're a good friend, you know that?"

"Now I do."

I could hear Clint and Natasha talking softly a few chairs away from us and the even breathing of both men we were sitting on, they weren't asleep but they were both quiet. I shifted to my left slightly and laid my head back, resting it on Brooke's right shoulder, "I just don't understand, Paige said he'd be waking up soon."

"Paige didn't give you both all the details." Bruce mumbled.

"You should demand a different nurse after Tony gets out of surgery." Brooke said, laying her head on my shoulder as well. We both stared up at the ceiling for a while, I was trying to count how many dots were on one ceiling tile. Brooke said, "117."

"Same." I told her in confirmation, apparently she had done the same thing. "And we will definitely get a new nurse."

"You mean you will." Brooke clarified.

"No we will, you're apart of the family now too."

"And when did you decide that exactly?" She asked, honestly sounding curious.

I thought for a second and said, "I believe it was the third day in the hospital, but honestly the days kind of blurred together for me."

"What if I don't want to be a part of the family?" She asked, attempting a teasing tone.

I smiled, "Honey you might as well change your last name to Stark, I've already decided."

"How did Tony get you to talk?" She asked after a few seconds of silence, making Clint and Natasha shut up as they probably want to hear this too.

I shrugged, "I'm not really sure, I was just comfortable with him. Tony was someone who didn't pressure me to talk and didn't try and change me, it was like he understood and accepted that I probably wasn't going to ever talk to him. I mean, even without the Hulk situation, I-"

"Hulk situation?" Brooke interrupted.

"Yeah, when Loki broke out Bruce went all Hulk and tried to kill me. He broke through my forcefeild but Steve blocked the last blow." I explained briefly. "Anyway, even without that I probably still would've talked to him."

"And your name?" She asked.

"Well I kind of went into an all out panic when Tony was shot down and when he wouldn't wake up all I could think about was how I didn't answer the only question he had tried to press me to answer. So when he woke up I was so relieved that honestly I didn't even know I was saying it until it was out. I thought I'd lost him." My eyes watered slightly, "And now I might be loosing him."

Brooke abruptly spun on Bruce's knee, making me fall back into her lap since I had been leaning back against her. She looked down at me seriously, her green eyes like steel, "Don't you dare ever say that again. Tony will be fine and we'll be out of this damn place by the end of the month. You can't start this shit again, I wont allow it."

I sighed, she was right, but then she's always right. "Fine, any more questions you have?"

"Yeah actually, what was your full name?"