Chapter Three

Agent 8 POV

I sat bolt upright with my gun raised as someone burst through my door. Clint scrambled for only a second before sighing when I lowered my weapon. He said, "Suit up, we have a location on Loki."

I nodded and he left. I changed into my yoga shorts and form fitting black t-shirt. I strapped on all my guns and slipped the one from on my bed into the small of my back. I threw my hair up into a sleek ponytail as I made my way to the landing deck where I knew a jet would be waiting. I jogged outside and found Natasha, Clint, Steve and Bruce already in the jet.

Tony was in his suit and ready to fly with Thor next to him. I quickly went and got in the jet, Clint pulling me into his lap like always when there wasn't enough room. Natasha took off and Banner asked, "Why are we all going?"

"There are also a few Chitauri with him, but they're just running around, like they're scouting or something." Clint explained.

"Yeah but why me?" He asked.

"You're on people duty, get everyone away from the scene." Natasha explained.

Clint took something from his pocket and handed it to me. I looked down at the ear piece for a few seconds before sighing and putting it in, turning it on. I gave Clint a look and he sighed. He said, "I know you wont talk, but at least you'll know what's going on and we can tell you where we need help."

I nodded and relaxed into him as we rode. Clint asked quietly, "You told Natasha that you trust us with your life right?"

I nodded, though I wondered where he was going with this.

He said, "If I give you a direct order I expect it to be followed then." He saw my look and said, "I wouldn't ask you to retreat unless we were and trust me, that isn't going to happen."

I nodded and took the gun from the small of my back, Can you tell it's my favorite?

I took out the clip and checked it quickly before replacing it, the gun being put away as well. Natasha said, "We're close."

A few minutes later I felt the jet touch down, everyone climbed out quickly. I paused at the sight of about 50 Chitauri in the park, like they were regrouping. I sighed and pulled out my two side guns, cocking them back quickly. Tony landed next to us and Thor followed his lead. Tony said, "We forced them back here."

A few of us nodded and Steve asked, "Anyone got a plan?"

Clint said, "Banner make sure everyone stays away from here. Thor, find you brother. Everyone else, attack."

I smirked and ran forward immediately. I heard Clint call out for me, but I was already running at the crowd and shooting, every shot a kill shot. I heard everyone following me and I heard Clint say into the earpiece, "Couldn't you have waited?"

Tony replied for me, "She was just following orders."

I smirked as I ran through the crowd, shooting as quickly as possible. I slipped my now empty guns back into their holsters and slipped the ones from my thighs as I bent to miss a Chitauri throwing what I think was an arm out at me. I rolled and stood, already shooting. I shot my way out of the crowd and found everyone else was demolishing them as well.

I saw Steve throw his sheild and I quickly concentrated on it, making it go farther and circle around, missing the Avengers, but beheading the Chitauri around them. I put it on a path back towards Steve and quickly turned around with my gun raised when I felt something behind me. He kicked me back and I let out a noise of surprise.

"8?" I heard echoed a few times.

I stood quickly and raised both my guns towards him. He said, "You silly mortal, you thing you can do anything to me?"