Chapter Nineteen

I know it's short but oh my gosh this chapter was so freakin hard to write! I hope you like it anyway and I'm really sorry I didn't post last week but I was getting ready for finals (which I aced! Should have a 4.0 this trimester :)

P.s. If I posted an Ouran Highschool Host Club fanfic, would you guys be interested?

Cassandra's POV

I dropped all my luggage at once, flinching at the loud bang it made when it crashed to the floor. I crouched next to my laptop bag and quickly pulled out my case file, because I was busy hanging out with Mathew Macconahey I hadn't had the chance to read it yet. I had the basic outline that Fury gave me of course, but this file is everything I might need to know.

I glanced down at the file before deciding that I need to settle in first. I quickly hung my suits up in the closet and put my weapons suitcase in the bottom, so they were easily accessible. After that I just threw my other clothes into the dresser, putting my few pairs of shoes in a line next to it.

My watch read nine p.m., so it wasn't too late. I glanced at the file again, but decided a late dinner sounded best. I grumbled to myself as I cooked ramen, the only food in the house, complaining about the fact that humans need sustenance to survive.

After I ate I changed into black shorts and a black tank top before climbing into bed, resolving myself to stay up and figure out this case. Then tomorrow go shopping for two weeks worth of food, among other things.

I reached towards my nightstand, but stopped short when I realized that my phone wouldn't be there. I shook off the thought and got up to turn off the over head lights, but left on my bedside table lamp. At first glance the file could be contracts or just records, but once you pull out the paperwork you know it's exponentially more important.

I read through everything quickly, leaving out the pages and pages of background information for later. I just wanted to know why in the world I was here and not at home with Dad and Brooke. I finally found the handwritten letter from Fury that he's always included in my case files. I practically tore through the letter trying to read it at the speed of sound.

I finally nodded in approval, So, I'm infiltrating the Russian government? This ought to be fun...

-------------------------

I finally dropped my last load of bags in the middle of the floor from my small (okay huge) shopping spree. The first thing I did was put away all the groceries, obviously that was most important. After that my clothes went away, my new accessories going in the bottom drawer of the dresser.

Lastly I pulled out the Russian dictionary I had purchased with the little bit of cash I could take out here in 'Andrea Kate's' account. I figured it be good for me to learn a few phrases, that way I know when to stay and when to run.

While I was out shopping though, I was very surprised at how many Russians spoke English. I mean, all of them had a thick heavy accent, but most were at least understandable.

I had glanced through all the background information this morning and found out most of the specifics. So, basically when you're the best of the best of assassins in Russia, the government hires you to infiltrate the American government. All I have to do is build up my credit with all the lower class, then middle class, and then high class criminals of Russia.

The only really difficult parts are that I can't contact any of my family and I may have to kill someone just because they saw something that they should'nt have. Honestly after working with SHIELD for so long, it wouldn't be the first time, but at least then I knew it was a matter of national security. Here, it'll probably be over a turf war or something.

I sighed and reached into the smallest bag, pulling out my brand spankin' new Nokia. It was the phone they had with the best camera, and that's basically all this is for. Taking pictures of any kind of files I could get my hands on, or criminals, or even the victims. Other than that, the only person who currently has this number is a deep undercover SHIELD operative that'll just happen to have my number next time they need an assassin. I get the job down quickly and efficiently with as little questions asked as possible, and suddenly my phone'll be bombarded with jobs.

SHIELD already has an off-shore bank account that the money will be deposited in, then they'll trace the money from there. It'll be a good way to get to know the underside of Russia, and hopefully the upper side as well in a few months. Honestly though, if nothing else it's great that we'll at least know how many people 'hired' me, that way we'll get a rough sketch of exactly how far gone Russia is to mobs and crooked politicians.

I threw the file onto my temporary bed and pulled up my contacts on my phone, but threw it on the bed as well when I realized that I had no one to talk to. This was going to be a hard mission...