Epilogue

Agent 8 POV

I stood in the elevator in STARK tower going up to the top floor. I looked up at Tony and asked, "What if she doesn't like me?"

Tony smiled down at me and picked me up into his arms, "She'll love you, trust me."

The elevator dinged and JARVIS said, "Top floor Tony, Cassie."

"Thank you JARVIS." I told him.

As we were walking out JARVIS said, "Polite as ever Cassie."

I smiled as I saw Pepper, Tony's assistant. She looked at me in shock, Tony hadn't told her about me. She asked, "Um, Tony?"

He smiled, "It's not what you think."

"Okay." She said slowly.

Tony sat me down, but I instantly hid behind his leg again. Tony sighed, "Cassie what did I tell you?"

I looked up at him, "That I can't hide."

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Strategically placing myself behind you so as to not be seen." I told him.

He smiled but put a hand on my shoulder and pushed me forward towards Pepper. I glared back at him and he made a shooing motion with his hands. I sighed and looked up at Pepper shyly. I held my hand up to her and said, "It's nice to finally meet you Pepper, I'm agent- Er sorry, Cassie."

Pepper looked down at me for a few seconds with wide eyes before picking me up and hugging me. She squealed slightly, "She is just so cute!"

Tony laughed and said, "Come on Pepper don't scare her."

"No it's okay, I'm used to it." I told him when Pepper finally stopped spinning. He raised an eye brow and I explained, "My mom."

"Where is your mom Cassie I'd love to meet her." Pepper asked.

I shook my head, "Both my parents died when I was six, I've lived with SHIELD ever since."

She looked confused, "Then how do you know Tony?"

Tony walked around the bar to get a drink as he said, "Get this, she's an Avenger."

"Wait, how old are you?" She asked looking down at me, she had set me on her hip.

I smiled and said, "I'm eight, almost nine. Don't worry though, I'm telekinetic and I can put up force fields."

"Plus she's the best damn shot in the world." Tony interjected.

Pepper looked at him like seriously?

I nodded, "Yup, I'm better than most assassins."

Pepper looked like she could use a break from all the information. She sat me on the island and Tony handed her a glass of champagne. Tony handed me a hot chocolate and I smiled in appreciation. Pepper said, "Alright so let me get this straight. I come home to find out the Avengers are living here from JARVIS, the world was almost destroyed and that one of the Avengers is an eight year old little girl?"

Tony nodded, "Yeah, that sounds about right."

"So are you staying with the Avengers on the second and third floor?" She asked me.

I rubbed the back of my neck and said sadly, "Well I guess I could, I'm sure I could move back into SHIELD's New York base if-"

I was suddenly picked up from behind right after I set down my hot chocolate. Tony sat me on his hip and told Pepper, "No she isn't. She's staying in her room down the hallway from mine. And she's not leaving unless she wants to."