67.

"JJ!" Elle quietly yelled, along with Penelope, as they came running into the room.
"Shh! Guys!" Both Amelia and Emily quickly shushed them.
"Sorry..." Penelope whispered.
"I'm not... I'm excited!" Elle loudly whispered, "Hi JJ..."
JJ, not being able to speak, responded with a hard blink because her entire body was definitely too sore to move.

Emily sat back down by the side of the bed and let everyone come in to visit JJ. But sitting there and watching her not being able to speak and barely moving made her think about when she was in the hospital. She wondered what JJ had felt when she was in her position, not being about to even hug her or hear her voice. But Emily kept a smile on her face as she watched everyone come in and out of the room. JJ somehow looked like she was on cloud nine. The sparkle in her eyes never left and she could tell JJ was happy to at least be alive after everything that had happened. And Emily was relieved that the nightmare, that had come true, never came to an end because she didn't know if she could forgive herself if ever came to that point. She knew it wouldn't have been her fault but she still couldn't face the fact it could've ended so much worse.

Late in the afternoon, after everyone had had their turns talking to JJ and making sure she was alright, they started to get peckish. Eli, Elle, and Spencer being one of the first ones to see JJ this morning, went out and found a grocery store and bought everyone sandwiches because Elle wasn't feeling the hospital food. They came back and almost was still seated outside of her room. They all had lunch together but they didn't want to tease her by eating in front of her so they ate outside of the room while others sat in the room with her. And then they switched. Emily insisted she wasn't hungry but JJ, even hospitalized, found a way to scare her and make her eat.

"And what are you going to do if I don't leave this room?" Emily raised an eyebrow.
JJ locked her eyes on Emily and just stared at her. And as soon as she knew Emily was about to break, she squinted her eyes, her equivalent to a head tilt she couldn't do right now and Emily's jaw slightly dropped along with her eyebrow. Emily was surprised and thoroughly terrified that she found a way to intimidate her all the while laying in a hospital bed with and tube down her throat.
"Okay, that... that didn't mean anything. I'm going because I love and respect you..." Emily said backing out of the room as Amelia, Derek, and Rossi watched her as they tried holding in a laugh.
"Nice," Derek smiled as Emily left the room.

Amelia, Rossi, Derek, and Eli stayed and kept JJ company as the other five sat outside and ate. Emily was in a rush because she just wanted to go back inside but Penelope and Elle forced her to slow down.
"Babe, JJ's not going anywhere... she physically can't," Elle said with a giggle.
"Not funny!" Penelope slapped her shoulder.
"Sorry... but seriously, slow down or you're going to chock and both of you are going to be in hospital beds, ok?"
"Fine," Emily said drinking her soda.
As they continued eating their lunch, Hotch got a call so he excused himself and went outside.
A few minutes go by and he finally comes back, but not with a smile on his face. Not that he ever did smile.
"Emily, can I talk to you?" He asked motioning her over.
"Hm? Yeah, sure Hotch," she said as she got up, taking another bite of her sandwich.

"I just got a call from the correctional center where Jade Edwards is being detained. She wants to speak with you."
"She what? Why?" Emily started to yell but immediately lowered her voice.
"They did not tell me why but they asked if you would want to... just to hear what she has to say. You wouldn't have to talk."
"Why would I want to hear what she has say? She tried to kill JJ, Hotch! And I think if I were to go and see her, I might try and do the same to her..."
"Prentiss!"
"Sorry, but she tried to kill JJ... on our wedding night. I don't think I can go see her alone because I will lose it, Hotch, and if I start I'm not going to stop until she is dead."
"Prentiss, you don't have to go alone, alright? I can go with you. And I can have them take your gun if you can't trust yourself with it while you're in there."
"Fine, but I'm not talking."
"That's okay."