28.

JJ's POV:
After hearing that Emily's breathing had settled down, I came around to the front of her and cupped her face.
"Emily, can I help you? Can you let me in, just this once, please?"
"Fine." Emily took a deep breath and stalled.
"Em?"
"I- I um... I might be in danger... I don't know why but I know who is after me. I don't know what he's planning and I don't know if it's safe for me or you or the team right now. And I can't help but think that if he is going to after you guys, he'll... he'll kill you? Jay- Jennifer, this man is a horrible and awful person and I know what he's capable of and I really do think he will come after you and the team and won't be able to stop him.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner? Are you going to tell the team Em? I really think you should. We can help you."
"No JJ, you don't understand. This man was someone I was involved with during an earlier "thing" I was working on before coming here to the BAU and I-," Emily shook the entire time she told JJ.
"Wait Emily, breathe. What do you think his endgame is if he is going after you?" She cut her off.
"I don't know JJ, that why this is so terrifying. I don't even know who he's after. Me or you or the team. But knowing him, he coming for me but he'll go after my family before getting to me to scare me. And Jayje, I don't have any other family except my mom but she isn't here right now, so... he'll most likely come for you and the team. You guys are my family so he'll go after you, for sure."
JJ looked at Emily and could see the fear in her eyes when she said that. It scared the hell out of her.
"Okay, babe, I think you need to tell them. Please. Your life is in danger right now and it's not worth it to wait for that man to show up."
"No. JJ. I am not going to do that, I can't. I wasn't going to tell you either but-"
"But what Emily? What were you going to do? Leave me? Go off on your own and try to battle this by yourself? No. I am not letting you do that okay?" JJ had tears in her eyes knowing that that was exactly what Emily was going to do.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I- I was going to leave but it was for you, to keep you and the team safe," Emily reached up and squeezed JJ's wrists.
"It's alright baby, it's okay. Fine, you don't have to tell them, but the moment you feel there's something off about this whole thing... I need you to tell me. Alright?"
"I will." Emily's cracked as she looked into JJ's eyes.
"And if it's really bad, you need to tell them and if not I will... okay?"
"Okay Jayje, I will. I promise."
JJ got up and pulled Emily up off the floor and pulled her in one last time before work. She wrapped her arms around her waist and Emily was hesitant but she wrapped her arms around JJ's neck and sighed deeply.
"Finish getting ready and then we'll head to work yea?" JJ said on her shoulder.
Emily didn't say anything. She just nodded and flashed a smile when JJ caught a glimpse of her before leaving the bathroom.

The two ladies walked into the BAU together but they weren't "together." Emily felt so disconnected from everything but JJ didn't mind because she how scared Emily was about this whole thing. The day was easy because there were no cases so they just finished a lot of paperwork. It was a quiet day but Morgan and Reid kept the office fun every once in a while, starting up small conversations, yelling from one desk to the other or throwing things across the room at the girls. And every hour or so JJ would text Emily to make sure she was feeling okay because she wasn't out in the office with her.

JJ sat in the office the whole day expecting Emily to come in sooner or later to talk or just sit on the couch but she never did. She texted her but no reply. JJ got worried so she walked by the window to look out into the office to find Emily. And to her surprise, Emily was actually there. She grabbed her phone and texted her one more time, she thought maybe she was in the restroom earlier without her phone. Emily, not knowing that JJ was staring at her, looked at her phone and saw the text, but she ignored it. JJ's jaw dropped. She was confused and angry as to why Emily didn't reply to any of her messages. She started to blow up Emily's phone which caught then attention of team. Elle and Reid looked at Emily up and down trying to figure out what was going on. Emily awkwardly smiled trying to silence her phone.
"Hey Princess, what's up with your phone? Someone hitting you up? Is JJ calling you for a secret "meeting" in her office?" Morgan laughed.
Emily looked at Morgan with an annoyed expression.
"I- Well- Umm... I don't know, maybe? Let me go check," Emily said trying to laugh it off. She quickly got out of her chair giggling her way up the stairs to make it seem less tense.
"Yeah you go check Princess," Morgan hollered.