36.

Staring at JJ's arm around her waist, Emily started to feel different. Almost like she's felt this more than once. She didn't want to wake JJ so she just let her keep her hand there. Emily continued reading the book and every five minutes she would look down just to look at JJ hanging on to her. She smiled every time but she didn't know why she was so happy. Eventually she stopped reading and just looked down at her and back and forth between her arm and her face.

Emily finally got her focus back and just as she began to flip the page, the book stumbles out of her hand and in an attempt to catch it in mid air, her panic shook the bed and woke JJ up. She looked down frozen in her position and watched as JJ woke up confused. JJ looking up at Emily and smiled until she realized where her arm was and what was actually happening.
"Oh my god, hi, Emily. This... this, Im gonna take this back now," JJ said laughing as she awkwardly took her hand back from around Emily's waist.
"Hi JJ. Umm, Elle dropped me off a little bit ago. She told me you weren't feeling well and thought you needed some company... so here I am," Emily said biting her lip.
"Oh that's cool. I'm just gonna head to the bathroom for a second. You can stay here or head downstairs and I'll meet you there," JJ said running off to the bathroom.

JJ quickly closed the door to the bathroom but not before she looked out the crack watching Emily sit in her bed.
"What am I going to do? She's here! What the fuck Elle!" JJ screamed in her head.
JJ washed her face to wake her up and got ready for a day inside. Her head was pounding but she didn't want to sleep all day now that Emily was in her house with her. And it's not like she could cuddle with her while she slept because it would probably scare her and drive her away.
"But you already cuddled with her, just two minutes ago stupid," she said to herself.
JJ hated Emily for turning her into a cuddly sleeper. Before JJ met Emily, she didn't like anyone touching her nor did she like touching other people while she slept, but after that first time Emily was in her bed, the same thing happened. It was like her brain knew Emily was there both times and knew that she loved her so it made her wrap her arm around Emily. Absolutely weird, she thought.
JJ finished up in the bathroom and slowly walked back into her room to get her pills. She's thought that Emily would've gone downstairs but when she walked into her bedroom, there she was, just sitting on the edge of the bed.
"I thought I might as well wait for you here so neither of us were lonely," Emily shyly smiled.
"Thanks," JJ chuckled.

After grabbing her pills, JJ led the way downstairs as Emily followed slowly behind her.
"Elle bought some food from the coffeehouse. I'm not sure what she got you though," Emily said looking through the brown paper bag.
"If there's a sandwich in there, it might be mine," JJ said unpacking the drinks.
"There's two club sandwiches in here, I'm guessing one is for you..."
"Ahh good she got my favorite," JJ smiled.
"Hey it's my favorite too," Emily said enthusiastically.
But of course JJ already knew that because she got that every morning for breakfast for the two of them.
The two communicated through looks and eventually made it to the couch with their breakfast and coffee. They switched places so JJ warmed up the sandwiches while Emily brought the coffee and juice over to the coffee table.
JJ grabbed the remote and turned on FRIENDS which made Emily smile because she loved the show.
"How are you feeling?" Emily asked while they ate.
"Oh I'm fine. But my throat is kind of sore and my head is literally pounding so hard I think my skull is going to crack," JJ said in her nasally voice.
"Well then finish your food and take your pills then maybe you can take a nap," Emily suggested.
"Someone's kind of bossy huh?"
"I'm just trying to help you feel better, JJ. But if you want we can just lay here on the couch till you fall asleep, because I know you're you're going to sleep either way," she said raising an eyebrow.
"Okay, I choose the second option. I'll just fall asleep here and you can carry me back upstairs."
"No way blondie. Not a chance," Emily said trying to look away.
"Then you'll have to deal with my snoring later."
"That's fine, I already did this morning..."
"Hey! Not fair, I didn't even know you were in my house."
"And who's fault is that?"
"Elle fucking Greenaway," the two said simultaneously making them both burst out in laughter.
The two continued eating and watching the show until noon. They were in silence which JJ was used to but she didn't want Emily to feel weird. But every time she would sneak a glance at Emily, it looked like she enjoyed it. She looked comfortable with it, just like she always did when they were together.
JJ looked her up and down for the last then fell asleep. But the funny thing was was that every time JJ would look at Emily and tried to be sneaky about it, Emily knew. She knew because when JJ would look, her whole body and head would face her and it would last about five minutes. Emily didn't find it weird though. She kind of liked it.