Episode 7: The New Team Kira

EPISODE 7: THE NEW TEAM KIRA

It was the dawn of the third day of the week, Ehum's day. Reis was busy making breakfast. He had woken up early to prepare himself for the next action he had decided to take. He had just finished setting the table when Kyla walked down the stairs looking tired.

"Hi there Kyla, how was your sleep?" Reis asked.

"Great, thanks for asking. I see you made breakfast" Kyla said.

"Yeah, just want to leave something behind for you guys to remember me by when I'm gone" Reis said.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Kyla seemed disturbed by Reis' words.

"Don't misunderstand me Kyla. What I mean is..." Reis was saying when Shin walked down the stairs yawning loudly.

"Great, you're awake. That makes things much easier" Reis said.

"What'cha talking about?" Shin asked.

"Ah-uh...I'll be leaving the guild for a while. On a mission of course" Reis said nervously.

"What are you saying? Are you still talking in your sleep?!" Shin yelled angrily.

"I have to agree with Shin on that one. You don't even have a dragon partner yet" Kyla said seriously.

"I'll be completing Erasa Senshiiro's mission" Reis said.

"Quit yapping in yer sleep dammit!" Shin roared and attempted to punch Reis.

Reis sidestepped in time, easily evading Shin's punch.

"Calm down guys. It's not going to be that bad...is it?" Reis asked trying hard not to annoy them any further.

"IS IT?! HAVEN'T YOU EVEN HEARD OF THE DANGERS INVOLVED IN GOING ON MISSONS?! WHY THE HECK DO YOU THINK WE'RE PLACED IN TEAMS HEADED BY A DRAGON MASTER AND PARTNERED WITH DRAGONS! YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT'S BAD MORON!!!" Shin yelled angrily.

"Shin is right. A fully fledged dragon master and two dragon students were captured on that mission and Erasa nearly died! And even with that it seems your only guarantee of survival is...IS IT?! Did you even bother to read more about what missions entail in this guild Reis?!" Kyla glared at him angrily.

"I know it will be dangerous...but I can't forget the vow I made before everyone. I'll never forget the words 'I will protect the weak and free the oppressed'. I intend to complete this mission and come back alive no matter the cost!" Reis declared.

"Really?" Shin asked with a twitching eyebrow.

"I mean...uh...um...no matter the reasonable cost?" Reis stammered nervously.

"Reasonable huh? In the next few years...you'd have learnt that out there...it takes more than reason to keep you alive. Most of the things that can harm Dragon Rangers are beyond reason. Go and survive then...no matter the reasonable cost. P.S...a lot of those things can actually fly. Keheheheh" Shin chuckled sinisterly.

"Hey hey, what are you trying to pull Shin? That's a bit excessive. Are you going to drive Reis from this guild before he actually experiences his first bio-roller coaster?" Kyla asked.

Reis gulped.

"You two are definitely related" he muttered under his breath.

"Well, if there's no stopping you, we'll give you our consent but come back in one piece okay...heheheh...assuming there is any piece of you left. Where should I address your remains?" Shin chuckled sinisterly.

"Cut that out already! It's getting pretty creepy!" Reis exclaimed in worry.

"By the way Reis...just in case you don't return...is Aurora perchance open territory?" Shin asked.