Prologue 2

PROLOGUE:

There are many legends in Ryugaeia but one is most prominent. The tale that begins with a tripartite natured God. It is said that in the beginning God created the Heavens and Ryugaeia, a home for dragons and mankind. Dragons were the rulers of the elements and mankind, the rulers of the world below. There were amongst the Dragons, those named as the Kings and Queens of the elements. The most prominent ones being Dragnarök, the King Of Flame, Sum-Kebi, the King Of The Mysterious Darkness, Marina, Queen Of All Water, Terra also known in other incarnations as Terranica who had participated in an even gruelling warfare in the distant past in a primeval world before Ryugaeia; named Kolmnid. Then there was also Ayes, the King Of Frozen Waters, there was Ehum, the Queen Of The Unending Wind and finally, the Sovereign Lord Of All Material Light, Alpha; Lord Of The Dragons.

It is said that even when these Lords Of The Elements had not yet come to be, even their names echoed throughout the world. Then the God Of The Mind sent his other self, the God Of The Heart as a summons to these Lords. The God Of The Heart departed bearing His Name on a single scroll. And as he departed, His and His other self's, other self, departed with Him; The God Of The Spirit. The God Of The Heart uttered the names of His creation. One by one, he summoned them to heed his call. And the Lords Of The Elements appeared as well. Each creation once called swore allegiance and bound their names within His.

But one creation refused. His name was Armageddon. He was a being of immense pride, refusing both grace and love; desiring only conquest. And as such there came a division amongst creation. One part swearing allegiance to God and the other part refusing to bind their names to His. And so it was as it is; that two Spirits stepped up; one was named Rei'el; and the other; by far unnamed; the First being called the Golden Drakengaärd. The Second known as the Silver Drakengaärd. These two great spirits cast Armageddon down to the world of Ryugaeia.

Mankind sprung up and began to spread his dominion over Ryugaeia a while after.

Then the Lords Of The Elements made a request to the God Of The Heart. They wished to be able to manifest within Ryugaeia as well. The one who presented their request was Alpha, the Dragon Sovereign of Material Light. His request was granted and then the Lords Of The Elements departed to Ryugaeia.

Armageddon awaited their arrival patiently. When they manifested in Ryugaeia's skies as Dragons, Armageddon and his minions, the Dark Dragons challenged them to war. And so Ryugaeia became a battlefield. The Dragons fought their wars and powerless humanity ended up as the casualty.

This continued ceaselessly until one day, amidst the war, the Kings and Queens of the Elements disappeared leaving behind their retinue to continue the fight in their stead.

It is said that the Kings and Queens of the Elements approached humanity as "Humans Of A Strange Demeanour". Their thoughts were baffling, their speech a mystery. Among many other things they taught humanity most of what we call "arts and craft" today. These "Humans Of A Strange Demeanour" were said to have discovered within humanity a wondrous mysterious trait. A trait they referred to as "Bonding". Though in one of their records left behind, they also said "The Humans don't seem to realize it themselves that each of them carries all the others within them".

This Pilgrimage of sorts to Ryugaeia lasted a long time as these so-called "Humans Of A Strange Demeanour" provided relief services to the humans plagued by the wars of the Dragons.

As it is, one of these strange humans, who often referred to himself as "Origin" took a certain liking to a mortal man. A man curious enough to be seen in the midst of these beings all the time. This man was named "King", and he was dearly loved by nature to the extent that nature seemed to swirl all around him as though courting him.

While all of this was going on, the battle between the Lords Of The Elements and Armageddon's legion intensified. The Kings and Queens of the Elements had found at last the answer they sought; a body that could bind the bodiless without being consumed by it. And so each one shared their Spirit with King and King is said to have become the Dragonhäart. This is the first legend which you may be familiar with. The one known as "The Tragic Legend".

But there is a second legend referred to as "The Hopeful Legend". And it speaks of the coming of another like King. It is said that His purpose will not be war but He will be a warrior unlike any other. He will become what everyone will come to refer to as "The Wise One Of The Unison Courts". The Lords Of The Elements call His name "Aralphëisl". So far, all I've found in these legends is an incomprehensible paradox. What does His Title and His Name Mean? Do I know it? Do not jest. I am merely a scribe following His journey just as you are but in time I will come to be known as His companion; as the Mandragon of the Distant Lands; Darag-Arökna!

WHAT YOU KNOW SO FAR...

In the world of Ryugaiea, in the time I lived in, mankind had to face a new sort of Dragon. The one within themselves. It was a time of evil men with twisted ambitions. I am grateful however that I was born into a time where one of them was no more. The one who was no more was once referred to as "Irik The Devil". The second had the name "Galigaos, the Crimson Swordsman Of Darkness" and the third for the most part was the cause of all the strife in our times. His name was "Erikkus Di Devilli".

A whole kingdom was turned against its rightful rulers and for one daughter and a son, the entire royal family was murdered. Then by a twist of fate, this one daughter and her brother were rescued by a man, one of the principal guiding forces for our time. His name was "Jinrai the Lightning Blade". He happened to be the second evil man's Archnemesis. It was quite an irony that his son would become the third's. Funnily enough, his ancestor, King, was the first's. Talk about an ill-fated bloodline.

This third evil man conquered one of the two greatly revered nations of our time. A kingdom named Saggeese. And so the other great nation that remained, Novatio, had to find a way to deal with this problem without transforming it into another Great War.

In such troubling times, a boy was born by name Reis Dragonhaӓrt. By a humorous twist of fate, this boy was pulled into a world of battle. Dragons of an almost extinct number still aiding humans from behind the scenes. But at the time, even he had no knowledge of the nature of his battle. While secrets will start to unravel from this point in his life...he will learn, there are many more variations of battle than those that rely on a person's sword...